- Antinori Solaia Toscana IGT 1998VM93$219.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! The 1998 Solaia is an excellent choice for drinking now and over the next handful of years. Not a blockbuster, the 1998 has developed nicely, but also appears to have limited upside potential from here. - Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media 2013 Learn More
- Gaja Nebbiolo Langhe Costa Russi 1998WS96VM94$299.98Availability:Out of Stock96 Points! Intense aromas of tar and dark fruits. Full and solid, with chewy tannins and mineral, blueberry and blackberry flavors. Structured, yet fruity. Give it time. Tight still. But so layered and impressive.--1998 Piedmont blind retrospective (2008). - Wine SpectatorLearn More
- Gaja Barbaresco 1998WS92WA91VM91$229.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Subtle and perfumed, with rose, raspberry and strawberry. Full-bodied, with very silky tannins and a long finish. Seamless and textured. Pretty now, but give it a few more years.--1998 Piedmont blind retrospective (2008). - Wine SpectatorLearn More
- Falletto di Bruno Giacosa Barolo Le Rocche del Falletto di Serralunga d'Alba 1998VM95$224.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! Bruno Giacosa's 1998 Barolo Le Rocche del Falletto is another gorgeous wine. The fresh, floral bloom the wine had in its infancy has softened and the aromas today are moving towards sensations of dried flowers and spices. The wine retains a lovely inner sweetness backed up by considerable structure, which leads me to believe that the tannins might very well outlast the fruit. This is a beautiful Le Rocche, but probably won't be one of the longest-lived vintages of this wine. The wine can be enjoyed today if opened several hours prior to serving, but should also drink well for at least another decade.
- Falletto di Bruno Giacosa Barolo Serralunga d'Alba 1998 1.5L MagnumVM95$399.98Availability:In Stock95+ Points! Very good medium-deep red. Knockout Barolo nose in all its rustic splendor, showing everything from exotic fruits to smoke, game, tobacco, camphor and white truffle. Urgent, penetrating and supersweet, with nearly candied red fruit flavors saturating the palate. A youthfully aggressive wine that really needs a few years to calm down. Finishes with strong but fine tannins and great ripeness.
- Bruno Giacosa Barbaresco Santo Stefano Riserva 1998VM94$399.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! The 1998 is the last Barbaresco Santo Stefano Giacosa bottled as a Riserva. For years, the 1998 flew under the radar, likely a victim of a vintage that at the time was considered very good, but not great. Dried cherry, star anise, pomegranate, dried rose petal and deeply spiced notes are some of the signatures. The 1998 is deep, fleshy and quite giving in personality.
- Padelletti Brunello di Montalcino 1998JS91$84.98Availability:In Stock91 Points! A firm, rich wine with dried-berry, Parmesan and cedar character. Shriveled berries. Full body, chewy and flavorful. Fascinating wine that shows the high quality of the 1998 vintage, overlooked thanks to the legendary 1997. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More