- Vincent Couche Extra-Brut Late Disgorged Sensation 1999$99.98Availability:In Stock
- Marsau Cotes de Francs 1999 5L$164.98Availability:In StockThis dark ruby-colored offering is a star from the Cotes de Francs. Sweet black cherry and plum notes are found in this fleshy, ripe, medium-bodied, elegant yet supple-textured wine. - Robert Parker, robertparker.com Learn MoreHURRY, ONLY 2 LEFT!
- Greenock Creek Shiraz Barossa Valley Creek Block 1999WA96$99.98Availability:In Stock96 Points! The prodigious 200-case lot of 1999 Shiraz Creek Block (made from 63-year old vines) is aged in new and old French oak. The aromas of creme de cassis, new saddle leather, vanilla, spice box, and cedar are reminiscent of a first-growth Bordeaux. As the wine sits in the glass, more Shiraz characteristics (asphalt and blackberries) emerge. Sensationally concentrated and extremely full-bodied, with monster extract, yet not over-the-top, it possesses beautifully integrated tannin as well as acidity. This profound Shiraz should age effortlessly for two decades. Anticipated maturity: 2006-2020. - Robert Parker, robertparker.com, 2002Learn More
- Vietti Barolo Rocche 1999VM95$179.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! The mid to late 1990s were a period of considerable change in Piedmont, as the differences between traditional and more modern-leaning producers were especially marked during this time. The 1999 Barolo Rocche is the star of this flight, as it has all of the classicism of the 1996, but with a little more perfume and inner sweetness, both of which serve to flesh out the mid-palate nicely. What a vivid and utterly captivating Barolo the 1999 is. I have always had a weak spot for the vintage. When I taste the 1999 Rocche, I am once again reminded why.
- Vietti Barolo Brunate 1999VM92$179.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Dark ruby. With the Brunate we move into the house's more modern-styled wines. It shows the balsamic nose typical of this great vineyard, along with toasted oak, smoke, mineral and tar aromas with excellent concentration in its sweet dark fruit, as well as notable expansiveness and depth of expression. This bottling often appears out of balance when young as the new oak requires a few years to integrate fully into the wine, but patience will be amply rewarded. It should drink well to age 20.
- Sandrone Barolo Cannubi Boschis 1999VM93$189.98Availability:Out of Stock93 Points! Sandrone's 1999 Barolo Cannubi Boschis has become much more delicate over the last few years. Still fresh and vibrant, the 1999 impresses for its total sense of harmony. The tannins are now starting to melt away, allowing the fruit to be fully expressive. Violets, lavender and blue/purplish fruit grace the finish. There is a lot to like here.
- Domenico Clerico Barolo Percristina 1999VM93$119.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! Clerico's 1999 Barolo Percristina is a dark, sumptuous beauty. Chocolate, menthol, black fruit, leather and spices flesh out in a round, resonant Barolo with no hard edges and fabulous overall balance. This gorgeous Barolo captures the essence of the full-throttle modern style that was all the rage at the time.
- La Conseillante Pomerol 1999WA92$149.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Here it offers a fragrant rather than ebullient bouquet with wild strawberry, cedar, cigar box and just a hint of vanilla. The palate is medium-bodied with crisp acidity. Whilst not a complex wine it has plenty of tart red cherry fruit and dried orange peel curled around the slightly brutish tannins, then it cruises rather than fans out on the finish. Tasted March 2013. - Neal Martin, robertparker.comLearn More
- Pibran Pauillac 1999$44.98Availability:In Stock...it exhibits a dense ruby color in addition to a classic Pauillac nose of cedarwood, black currants, underbrush, and new oak. A dense, plush, forward, precocious offering, it is meant to be drunk upon release, and should age nicely for a decade or more. - Robert Parker, robertparker.com
- Marcassin Pinot Noir Marcassin Vineyard 1999WA92$299.98Availability:In StockThe only wine in this vertical that showed considerable amber at the edge as well as an evolved, totally mature character, the 1999 Pinot Noir reveals a dark plum/garnet color with amber at the edge along with notes of sweet black currants, fresh mushrooms and a mossy, foresty character. It offers excellent concentration and richness, and sweet tannin. While fully mature and extremely well-made, it is not as broad, savory, complex and profound as other vintages. Nevertheless, on its own, this is a beauty. It should be drunk over the next 3-5 years. - Robert Parker, Wine Advocate #213, June 2014Learn More
- Marcassin Chardonnay Marcassin Vineyard 1999WA95$349.98Availability:In StockA light gold color with a greenish hue is followed by notes of tangerine, lanolin, orange rind, lemon butter and wet rocks in this ripe, youthful, full-bodied, zesty Chardonnay. Much younger than the 1997, but neither as complex nor profound as the 1998 or 1996, it should provide delicious drinking for another 10+ years. - Robert Parker, Wine Advocate #201, June 2012Learn More
- Kay Brothers Shiraz Hillside 1999WA96$59.98Availability:In StockDeep garnet-brick in color and revealing a nose redolent of sandalwood, incense, Chinese five spice and soy, with hints of anise, fruit cake, prunes and figs, the 1999 Hillside Shiraz is drinking very well now and showing great poise in the mouth with expressive spice and dried berry flavors, medium level velvety tannins and a refreshing acid lift in the long finish. - Lisa Perrotti-Brown, Wine Advocate #211Learn More