- Argento Cabernet Franc Mendoza Reserva 2014JS91$14.98Availability:In Stock91 Points! A subtle yet rich red with dried berry and spice aromas and flavors. Medium to full body, silky tannins and a stylish finish. Fun to drink. Drink now. - JamesSuckling.comLearn More
- Cara Sur Tinto Barreal 2017WA90$19.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! The red produced with a majority of Bonarda is now simply called Tinto. The grapes for the 2017 Tinto were sourced from their old parral Finca Maggio, produced as a long infusion of the full clusters that were foot trodden in 1,000- and 2,000-liter concrete eggs. It matured in 2,000-liter concrete eggs for eight months. It has varietal character, with some earthy rusticity, notes of wild berries and rugged tannins that make it very apt for the dining table. This is the first vintage when they worked the vineyard fully. For Bonarda, the picking date is key, and they seem to have fine-tuned it. - Luis Gutierrez, robertparker.comLearn More
- Cara Sur Criolla Chica Barreal 2018$19.98Availability:In Stock
From the British importer: Criolla Chica – also known as the Mission grape in California – was one of the first varieties to be introduced to South America, probably in the mid 16th century. Ever since then it has been used for communion wine and often mediocre table wine, until very recently when a small group of enlightened winemakers (including Sebastian Zuccardi) have recognised its potential. The grape has a distinctive pink skin colour and so the resultant red wines are pale in colour, very much Pinot-like, although the similarities end there.
This delicious Criolla, from 80 year old organically farmed vines in Calingasta, is bursting with ripe summer fruit pudding aromas with a dusting violets and roses. Surprisingly firm tannins and serious acidity make for a wine that demands respect and good grub; roast lamb and pork belly work particularly well but anything with a nice fatty flavour is great.
- Clos de los Siete Mendoza 2015JS93$14.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! A fine and fresh wine with blueberries and fresh herbs. Medium body, refined and focused. Linear and tight texture. Very long and bright. Layered and delicious. Drink and enjoy. - JamesSuckling.comLearn More
- Onofri Wines Alma Gemela White Field Blend Valle de Uco 2017$17.98Availability:In Stock
- Zuccardi Malbec Poligonos Tupungato (Gualtallary) 2016JS94WA94$26.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! There is a big jump in quality in the 2016 Polígonos Gualtallary compared with the 2015, as they realized that the grapes there ripen earlier than in Altamira, even though the vineyards are much higher (Gualtallary is at 1,350 meters in altitude compared to Altamira at 1,100), which does not follow any (known) logic. They also separated the harvest by soil, which has increased the levels of precision and freshness. This is the most mineral and austere of the three Malbec Polígonos from 2016. Amazing value too! - Luis Gutierrez, robertparker.comLearn More