- Palon Vacqueyras 2017JD90$14.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Offering a rounded, sexy, fruit bomb-like style, with plenty of darker berry fruits, pepper, and garrigue, it fills the mouth with fruit, has no hard edges, and displays loads of charm. The blend is 75% Grenache, 15% Mourvèdre, and the rest Syrah, and I’d lean toward drinking bottles over the coming 3-5 years. - Jeb DunnuckLearn More
- Alain Jaume Chateau Mazane Vacqueyras 2016JD94VM91$25.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! Slightly lighter on its feet, with more red fruits, cassis, garrigue, spice, and subtle minerality, the 2016 Vacqueyras Chateau Mazane stays incredibly light and graceful on the palate and has incredible class. Nuanced, elegant and lightly textured, yet brilliantly concentrated and full-bodied, it's another undeniably delicious, seriously good wine from this estate. The blend is 60% Syrah, 30% Syrah and the rest Mourvèdre and it has a decade of terrific drinking ahead of it. - Jeb Dunnuck, jebdunnuck.com
- Le Colombier Vacqueyras Vieilles Vignes 2017WA92$19.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! The 2017 Vacqueyras Vieilles Vignes is a blend of 80% Grenache and 20% Mourvèdre. It's one of the few Vacqueyras I recommend cellaring more than a few years, as it possesses terrific fruit intensity and concentrated (but ripe) tannins. Floral notes and black cherries pick up hints of chocolate and espresso on the long, rich, velvety finish. - Joe Czerwinski, robertparker.comLearn More
- Colline Saint Jean Vacqueyras Vieilles Vignes 2016JD94WA92$25.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Reaching Port-like levels of intensity and concentration, the 2016 Vacqueyras Vieilles Vignes boasts aromas of dark fruit, licorice and chocolate. Yet somehow this full-bodied, richly textured wine doesn't seem warm or alcoholic. It's supple and approachable now, so why wait? I fear that as the fruit dries out, the alcohol will be more noticeable. - Joe Czerwinski, Wine AdvocateLearn More
- Sang des Cailloux Vacqueyras Cuvee Floureto 2016VM92$29.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Vivid ruby color. Pungent, spice- and mineral-accented red berry preserve and floral scents are complemented by suggestions of incense and garrigue. Silky, penetrating and appealingly sweet, showing impressive depth as well as delineation to its intense raspberry liqueur, cherry and lavender pastille flavors. Finishes very long and smoky, with harmonious tannins coming in late.
- Sang des Cailloux Vacqueyras Cuvee Azalais 2015JD94$29.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! One of the wines of the vintage in Vacqueyras is the unquestionably the 2015 Vacqueyras Azalaïs from le Sang des Cailloux. Based on 70% Grenache, 20% Syrah and 10% a mix of other permitted varieties, this beauty boasts terrific notes of black raspberries, crushed flowers and incense, medium to full-bodied richness, no hard edges and loads of character. Buy a case and enjoy bottles over the coming 7-8 years.- Jeb Dunnuck