- La Ginestraia Vermentino Riviera Ligure di Ponente 2018$22.98Availability:In Stock
- Inniskillin Ice Wine Vidal Pearl Niagara Peninsula 2016 375ml$44.98Availability:In Stock
- Reif Vidal Grand Reserve Ice Wine Niagara River 2016 375ml$37.98Availability:In Stock
- Clos Nicrosi Coteaux du Cap Corse Blanc 2016$31.98Availability:In StockVermentino has many manifestations, from the crisp, high pitched versions that that come from Liguria and other parts of Sardinia that show a little hint of the sea, the somewhat riper rounder versions that seems to be popping up from Tuscany, and the somewhat steely versions from southern France (where the grape is called Rolle). We have tasted many versions of all of them, but we can’t say we ever had one like this.This is from a unique spot, situated on Cap Corse, a finger-like peninsula on the northern coast of Corsica. that juts northward into the Tyrrhenian Sea. This rugged area is a distinctive display of seascapes and vineyards. Located on the coast near the village of Rogliano, Clos Nicrosi has been cared for by the same family since 1859. The story goes that one Dominique Nicrosi left the island penniless, made his fortune in the southern U.S. (Alabama to be specific), and then left the U.S. because of the coming winds of the Civil War.
- Chessa Vermentino di Sardegna Mattariga 2015VM90$19.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Golden yellow. Intense menthol and herbs complement ripe citrus aromas. Then more lemon and lime on the palate, with a saline element adding complexity. Tactile and big, with an earthy quality on the long smooth finish. Not the last word in refinement but this chunky, fruity wine will find plenty of admirers. Ian D'Agata, Vinous Media, October 2016Learn More