- Forjas del Salnes Muti Albariño 2017WA93+$36.98Availability:In Stock93+ Points! There is a change in the 2017 Muti from previous vintages, as this is only produced with grapes from one vineyard in the village of Meis, an old vineyard . It's very aromatic and floral, expressive and elegant and has a superb palate with intense granite texture, very tasty. It's clean, varietal and long. Really impressive. 1,500 bottles produced. - Luis Gutierrez, robertparker.com Learn More
- Carballal Albariño Rias Baixas Sete Cepas 2018$12.98Availability:In StockProduced from younger vine estate grapes and purchased fruit, this delicious Albariño pulls the minerals from the soil and the sea air not far away. Very refreshing with nice bracing acidity, there are hints of exotic fruits as well as stone fruits. A perfect match with warm weather fare as well as being the absolute perfect match with fish and shellfish. 7 Cepas is a playful nod to the fact that there are seven brothers in the family that make this wine. Learn More
- Nortico Alvarinho 2018$12.98Availability:In StockAsk anyone for the best Alvarinho in Portugal and people will point to the extreme north to the sub-region of Moncao and Melgao, right on the border with Spain. Nortico Alvarinho is a superb example of the grapes hallmarks: fresh citrus, peach and tropical fruit aromas paired with clean, juicy fruit and vibrant minerality. Nortico is produced on the south bank of the Minho River in plots so small they are called "Jardins", gardens in Portuguese. Soils here are granite and shiest and although it rains a lot (2,000 ml annually) the inland area is a little warmer than the coastal plantings allowing for a perfect maturation. Learn More
- Columna Albarino Rias Baixas 2017JS90VM90$14.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Pale gold. High-pitched citrus and orchard fruit aromas show very good clarity and a chalky mineral topnote. Dry, nervy and focused on the palate, offering bitter lemon pith and green apple flavors that put on weight with air. Shows a touch of honeysuckle on the finish, which clings with bright, mineral tenacity and a repeating floral note.
- Granbazan Albarino Rias Baixas Etiqueta Verde 2017JS92VM92$18.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Bright, green-hued straw. Aromas of quince, melon and nectarine are energized by a hint of lime zest. Concentrated but surprisingly lively, offering densely packed and incisive citrus pith, bitter pear skin and honeysuckle flavors that deepen steadily on the back half. Shows impressive clarity and lift. Finishes very long and precise, leaving persistent mineral and floral notes behind.
- Garzon Albarino Reserva Uruguay 2018DEC92JS92$14.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! This is exotic on the nose with sliced-mango and nutmeg character. Full-bodied, rich and layered with so much character and freshness at the same time. Remains vivid and energetic. - JamesSuckling.com Learn More
- Soalheiro Alvarinho Vinho Verde 2017WA92$19.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! The 2017 Alvarinho is dry (3.5 grams of sugar and 6.5 grams of total acidity) and comes in at 12.5% alcohol. Colloquially known as the "classico," the flagship unoaked Alvarinho, is typically one of the finest values in Vinho Verde. It ages effortlessly. It's concentrated and structured. Plus, with 100,000 bottles produced, there's enough of it to make it a little easier to acquire than some specialty bottlings. Sourced from 25-year-old vines, this shows off that bit of "Soalheiro Green," as I like to call it, then adds a big finish and a concentrated mid-palate to accompany the herbs. Ripe, fruity and surprisingly accessible this year, this shows very well from the get-go. - Mark Squires, Wine Advocate.Learn More
- Turonia Albarino Rias Baixas 2017WS91$16.98Availability:In Stock91 Points! Flinty and briny notes give this firm white a distinctly mineral character. Peach and ginger details and leesy flavors fill this out. Quite rich, but remains balanced and energetic. Drink now through 2023. - Wine Spectator Learn More
- Inniskillin Ice Wine Vidal Pearl Niagara Peninsula 2016 375ml$44.98Availability:In Stock
- Reif Vidal Grand Reserve Ice Wine Niagara River 2016 375ml$37.98Availability:In Stock
- Raul Perez Atalier a Cruz Das Animas Albarino Rias Baixas 2017WA92$21.98Availability:In Stock92+ Points! The second vintage of the Albariño 2017 Atalier fermented in 5,000-liter oak foudre and stainless steel, approximately 50/50 of each. It has a clean and discrete nose, but the surprise is the vibrant palate with a long wine, lifted and fresh, with subdued minerality and a tasty, serious finish. I think this is going to age nicely. - Luis Gutierrez, robertparker.com
- Palacio de Fefinanes Albarino Rias Baixas 2017JD94$24.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! One of the top whites in this report is the 2017 Albariño from Palacio de Fefinanes, which is 100% varietal and sees no oak, being brought up all in stainless steel. Vivid notes of lime, citrus, crushed rocks, and an almost Riesling-like petrol character all soar from the glass. Medium-bodied, seamless, and incredibly elegant on the palate, it has remarkable purity of fruit and flawless balance, and while it’s not as concentrated as the more expensive 1583 cuvée, I like the balance and purity here more. This is one to seek out, and it should keep for 2-4 years. - Jeb Dunnuck
- Montalbera Ruche di Castagnole Monferrato Laccento 2016$23.98Availability:In Stock99 Points Luca Maroni! He writes (translated): Ruchè di Castagnole Monferrato LACCENTO: a wine of sublime originality. The sheer quantity of flowers and fruit in the bouquet derives from one of the finest and most intense grapes that, so majestically luxuriant and luscious, can be harvested and processed today. Yet harvested with such respect and absolute lucidity that their lively, chlorophyllic breath is retained immaculately in this wine. Chapeau, is a wine that once encountered can never be forgotten, one enjoyed is yet admirably appreciated. 99 points.Our take? This is a truly unique, compelling wine and the 2016 is, in fact, even superior to that delicious 2013, and certainly the best Ruché we’ve ever tasted/sold.By the way, this bottling also garnered the tough-to-get, ultra-prestigious Tre Bicchieri (Three Glasses) award from Gambero Rosso.
- Leirana Albarino Finca Genoveva Rias Baixas 2016WA95$54.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! The peachy and aromatic 2016 Leirana Finca Genoveva has a sharp palate with the firm texture provided by the granite and good acidity, but it's a little rounder and more approachable than the sharp 2015. This has Albariño character—it's floral and expressive but marked by the soil; it's a serious wine, really very good value for the quality it delivers. Some 6,000 bottles were produced, as they produce two 2,500-liter oak foudres almost every year. - Luis Gutierrez, robertparker.comLearn More
- Leirana Albarino Rias Baixas 2016WA92$42.98Availability:Out of Stock92+ Points! 2016 was a slow ripening year, and there was some rain. They waited for the grapes to recover, so the grapes for the 2016 Leirana were harvested a little later, with perfect ripeness and a little more body and lower acidity. But we're talking 13.4% alcohol and 8.6 grams of acidity (tartaric), very good figures. It's a very complete wine, with superb balance and freshness and without excessive acidity that can sometimes happen. This is still very young, but it will improve in bottle and possibly become one of the best, if not the best, vintages of Leirana. - Luis Gutierrez, robertparker.comLearn More