- Moschioni Pignolo Colli Orientali del Friuli 2009WA92$64.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! The 2009 Friuli Colli Orientali Pignolo opens to a fragrant and floral bouquet with pressed rose petal, wild berry and cassis. On the nose, the wine appears much younger than it actually is. The quality of the fruit is vibrant and youthful. In the mouth, this Pignolo offers grit and determination with fine tannins and a medium build. It closes with smooth layers of richness and dark fruity intensity. Inspired by the distinct power and concentration that distinguish air-dried wines (made with the appassimento process), Michele Moschioni produces wines that are unlike any other in Friuli Venezia Giulia...Moschioni's wines offer extreme concentration and density. - Monica Larner, robertparker.comLearn More
- Garzon Tannat Single Vineyard Uruguay 2015WS91WE91JS92$25.98Availability:Out of Stock92 Points! This is round and very silky with a lovely texture and intensity. Full body, round and polished tannins. Lots of blueberry, cherry and hints of mineral and stone. Drink or hold. - JamesSuckling.comLearn More
- Gravner Rosso Breg Venezia Giulia 2005VM95$139.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! Vivid full ruby-purple. Blackberry, violet and aromatic herbs on the nose, along with some flinty minerality and a hint of blueberry pie. Enters bright and juicy, then turns surprisingly plush and sweet in the mouth, with an enticingly wild quality to the concentrated blue and red berry flavors. Boasts terrific density of fruit and silky texture, not to mention harmonious acidity. Finishes suavely tannic and extremely long with noteworthy clarity and cut. An absolutely knockout Pignolo: very well done. Fermented in amphoras with indigenous yeasts and no temperature control. The wine spent five months in buried amphoras, then five years in large oak barrels.
- Garzon Tannat Reserve Uruguay 2016JS92$14.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Iodine, ink, tar, crushed stones and dark plum essence. This has all the hallmarks of a fruity tannat, but it's in no way too much. It combines a lovely firm tannin backbone with tangy acidity, which carries all the way to the savory finish. Drink now. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Cruse Wine Company Tannat Alder Springs Vineyard 2015VM90$44.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Michael Cruse's 2015 Tannat Alder Springs is bold and intense, and yet the huge tannins typical of this variety have been largely tamed. A host of earthy, savory notes add aromatic complexity to the deeply expressive, varietal fruit. The 2015 is bold and rustic (there is only so much one can do with Tannat) and yet all the elements are beautifully balanced. The Tannat was vinified in concrete and aged in barrel. - Antonio Galloni, Vinous MediaLearn More