- Il Censo Nero d'Avola Provvido 2016$32.98Availability:In StockFrom the importer: “Provvido” is produced from Nero d’Avola grown at 650 meters altitude and aged in the non-interventionist style of Gaetano’s mentor, Giampiero Bea: no added yeasts, no temperature stabilization, no fining or filtering, and a minimum of added sulfur dioxide (total sulfur is 65 mg/L). 2016 marks the first vintage for this, RWM’s first ever Nero d’Avola, and it is a delightful addition to Il Censo’s lineup: deep in color, exuberant in personality, and an exceptional value as well. Fruits lean toward black cherry and blackberry, with notes of licorice and dark chocolate. It’s a proud sun-drenched southerner, ample and gregarious, but with tons of high-toned spice to balance, as well as a well-mannered flirtation with volatility that remains firmly on the correct side of the fence. Learn More
- Garzon Tannat Single Vineyard Uruguay 2015WS91WE91JS92$25.98Availability:Out of Stock92 Points! This is round and very silky with a lovely texture and intensity. Full body, round and polished tannins. Lots of blueberry, cherry and hints of mineral and stone. Drink or hold. - JamesSuckling.comLearn More
- Feudo Maccari Nero D'Avola Saia 2015WS90JS94WA91$19.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! Beautiful aromas of tile, spice, fresh Mediterranean herbs and oyster shell. Full body, firm and silky tannins and a polished and caressing finish. Lovely length and texture. One of the best ever from here. Drink now or hold. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.com
- Garzon Tannat Reserve Uruguay 2016JS92$14.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Iodine, ink, tar, crushed stones and dark plum essence. This has all the hallmarks of a fruity tannat, but it's in no way too much. It combines a lovely firm tannin backbone with tangy acidity, which carries all the way to the savory finish. Drink now. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Feudo Montoni Nero d'Avola Vrucara 2012WA93VM94$29.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! Bright ruby-red. The knockout nose combines raspberry, blueberry, red cherry and violet. Dense but weightless on entry, then impeccably balanced and sharply delineated in the middle with tangy red fruit and flinty flavors. Finishes suave and very long, with pretty mineral echoes. This great Sicilian red is never about brute power but rather balance and grace.
- Cruse Wine Company Tannat Alder Springs Vineyard 2015VM90$44.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Michael Cruse's 2015 Tannat Alder Springs is bold and intense, and yet the huge tannins typical of this variety have been largely tamed. A host of earthy, savory notes add aromatic complexity to the deeply expressive, varietal fruit. The 2015 is bold and rustic (there is only so much one can do with Tannat) and yet all the elements are beautifully balanced. The Tannat was vinified in concrete and aged in barrel. - Antonio Galloni, Vinous MediaLearn More