- Avancia Godello Valdeorras Old Vines 2016WS92VM93$27.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! Limpid straw-yellow. Powerful pear, nectarine and melon qualities on the highly perfumed nose, which is complemented by smoky mineral, jasmine and ginger nuances. Sappy, mineral-laced orchard and pit fruit stain the palate and become spicier as the wine stretches out. Rich, yet nervy in style, finishing very long and energetic, with resonating florality and a lingering mineral flourish.
- Garzon Tannat Single Vineyard Uruguay 2015WS91WE91JS92$25.98Availability:Out of Stock92 Points! This is round and very silky with a lovely texture and intensity. Full body, round and polished tannins. Lots of blueberry, cherry and hints of mineral and stone. Drink or hold. - JamesSuckling.comLearn More
- Garzon Tannat Reserve Uruguay 2016JS92$14.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Iodine, ink, tar, crushed stones and dark plum essence. This has all the hallmarks of a fruity tannat, but it's in no way too much. It combines a lovely firm tannin backbone with tangy acidity, which carries all the way to the savory finish. Drink now. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Godeval Godello Cepas Vellas 2016WA90$17.98Availability:Out of Stock90 Points! The subtle and elegant 2016 Cepas Vellas is always balanced, tasty and easy to drink, with pit fruit, apples, pears and some balsamic hints. Godeval's oldest vineyards are now 33 years old, on south-facing slate slopes. This is sold as Viña Godeval in the US. There is a cold soak before pressing and the juice is fermented with neutral yeasts and kept with the fine lees for four to five months. There is good weight of fruit and very good freshness, clean and tasty, with the elements for a nice development in bottle. 25,000 bottles produced. - Luis Guitierrez, Wine Advocate
- Cruse Wine Company Tannat Alder Springs Vineyard 2015VM90$44.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Michael Cruse's 2015 Tannat Alder Springs is bold and intense, and yet the huge tannins typical of this variety have been largely tamed. A host of earthy, savory notes add aromatic complexity to the deeply expressive, varietal fruit. The 2015 is bold and rustic (there is only so much one can do with Tannat) and yet all the elements are beautifully balanced. The Tannat was vinified in concrete and aged in barrel. - Antonio Galloni, Vinous MediaLearn More