- Tenuta Sarno Fiano di Avellino 1860 2017VM93$26.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! Golden yellow. Vibrant aromas of apple, pear and white flowers. Ripe peach and apple flavors show an oily texture. Luscious, multilayered and big but very juicy. Closes with a welcome gingery bite. This is a real success for a Fiano wine in the hot 2017 season, when the variety fared less well than other Campanian white wine grapes.
- Rocca del Principe Fiano di Avellino 2016VM93$19.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! Vivid straw-green. Powdered rocks, green apple, chamomile and lemon verbena on the deep, complex nose. Then juicy, dense and well balanced, with precise, impressively lingering pomaceous orchard and white stone fruit flavors given outstanding clarity and cut by lively, harmonious acidity. Lovely Fiano that finishes with hints of crystallized ginger and white pepper.
- Garzon Tannat Single Vineyard Uruguay 2015WS91WE91JS92$25.98Availability:Out of Stock92 Points! This is round and very silky with a lovely texture and intensity. Full body, round and polished tannins. Lots of blueberry, cherry and hints of mineral and stone. Drink or hold. - JamesSuckling.comLearn More
- Terredora Fiano di Avellino Terre Dora 2017VM91$19.98Availability:In Stock91+ Points! Pale straw-yellow. A hint of diesel fuel complicates apple and white flowers on the enticing nose. Then juicy and very bright, offering sharply chiseled flavors of apple, baked pear, cloves and sweet spices. Finishes long and dense, with outstanding, penetrating lemony cut.
- I Favati Fiano di Avellino Pietramara 2017$19.98Availability:In StockThis house has been one of a small number of Fiano di Avellino sources we have worked with over the years, and probably the most consistent as far as quality goes. This is a definitive Campanian white with plenty subtle white stone fruit and floral aromatics alongside a high-toned minerality. The wine is fleshy and fairly unctuous, yet all is nicely defined by well-positioned, well-integrated acidity which gives a nice lift to everything.The I Favati Fiano di Avellino Pietramara 2017 absolutely 'blows up' with lighter handed, herb based pasta or risotto dishes and whitefish and shellfish preparations. There’s a certain density and relaxed acidity that are kind of a surprise if you are coming from other genres of Italian whites, but that is exactly the charm of wines like Fiano and Greco di Tufo which make up their own unique stylistic subset. There are few frames of reference for these wines but this is one of the textbook examples of the breed and a consistent favorite around here. It has been a tre-bicchiere choice of Gambero Rosso on multiple occasions (this one not yet rated) as well.
- Garzon Tannat Reserve Uruguay 2016JS92$14.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Iodine, ink, tar, crushed stones and dark plum essence. This has all the hallmarks of a fruity tannat, but it's in no way too much. It combines a lovely firm tannin backbone with tangy acidity, which carries all the way to the savory finish. Drink now. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Cruse Wine Company Tannat Alder Springs Vineyard 2015VM90$44.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Michael Cruse's 2015 Tannat Alder Springs is bold and intense, and yet the huge tannins typical of this variety have been largely tamed. A host of earthy, savory notes add aromatic complexity to the deeply expressive, varietal fruit. The 2015 is bold and rustic (there is only so much one can do with Tannat) and yet all the elements are beautifully balanced. The Tannat was vinified in concrete and aged in barrel. - Antonio Galloni, Vinous MediaLearn More