- Malvira Roero Arneis Vigna Renesio 2015VM92$19.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Bright straw-yellow. Sexy, ripe aromas of soft citrus fruits, pear and orange oil, accented by minty herbs and honey. Dense, sweet and supple, with its white peach, grapefruit and herb flavors showing a honeyed quality and lovely lift. A broad, ripe style of Arneis with a passerillé quality and a tactile, chewy mouthfeel (no doubt a result of the hot growing season) but with a welcome light touch. The long finish features delightful minty lift. Despite the wine tasting as if it were made partly from air-dried grapes, the vines were harvested early, on August 23. Only 12.5% alcohol. - Ian D'Agata, Vinous Media Learn More
- Garzon Tannat Single Vineyard Uruguay 2015WS91WE91JS92$25.98Availability:Out of Stock92 Points! This is round and very silky with a lovely texture and intensity. Full body, round and polished tannins. Lots of blueberry, cherry and hints of mineral and stone. Drink or hold. - JamesSuckling.comLearn More
- Garzon Tannat Reserve Uruguay 2016JS92$14.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Iodine, ink, tar, crushed stones and dark plum essence. This has all the hallmarks of a fruity tannat, but it's in no way too much. It combines a lovely firm tannin backbone with tangy acidity, which carries all the way to the savory finish. Drink now. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Filippo Gallino Roero Arneis 2016$16.98Availability:In StockThe story here isn't extensive, just a committed producer that consistently makes very good wine and doesn't charge a lot for it. With a 'naked' grape like Arneis you can't really tweak it in the cellar with wood and have to be very careful with extended lees contact as both can negatively affect the desired freshness of the wine's profile, you get what Nature gives you. Wines like this really are made in the vineyard and those that farm meticulously are the successful ones.Sure there are slightly more exotic aromatics with some of the big dogs labels that cost a lot more. But this one presents all of the fresh floral nuances and apple-skin aromatics and the lively fruit driven palate that are the essence of this genre. The 2016 simply has more energy and fruit weight than past versions, which makes this one a killer deal.
- Cruse Wine Company Tannat Alder Springs Vineyard 2015VM90$44.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Michael Cruse's 2015 Tannat Alder Springs is bold and intense, and yet the huge tannins typical of this variety have been largely tamed. A host of earthy, savory notes add aromatic complexity to the deeply expressive, varietal fruit. The 2015 is bold and rustic (there is only so much one can do with Tannat) and yet all the elements are beautifully balanced. The Tannat was vinified in concrete and aged in barrel. - Antonio Galloni, Vinous MediaLearn More