- Terlano Sauvignon Alto Adige Winkl 2018WA92$29.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Cantina Terlano's 2018 Alto Adige Terlaner Sauvignon Winkl (with an ample 240,000 bottles made) is a beautifully articulate and forthcoming expression that shows the very best of Italian Sauvignon Blanc. It offers a case study as to what makes this grape taste different than, say, competing expressions from the New World or New Zealand. This fragrant grape tends to be less pungent and sharp in Italy, focusing instead on softer tones of summer peach, preserved lemon and passion fruit. The effect is silky, smooth and absolutely delicious. - Monica Larner, robertparker.com Learn More
- Pojer e Sandri Sauvignon Alto Adige 2016$21.98Availability:In StockBrilliant, with less of the sage and tomato leaf thing we see from Sauvignons in Collio. This one is more 'straight up' varietal with a deeper core of melon and citrus from 2200ft elevation vineyards. Not a bit of oak here, the wine is vinified all in stainless steel in a proprietary 'hyper-reductive' style with no exposure to oxygen, creating intense detailing in the wines.... Learn More
- Tiare Sauvignon Collio 2017$26.98Availability:In StockThey grow Sauvignon Blanc in a lot of places world-wide, from the Loire to Australia, South Africa and the Americas. But some of the most intriguing come from the high country of northeast Italy. There’s a distinctive take on the varietal with aromas of tomato leaf, grapefruit, wild herbs, and yellow stone fruits. The flavors are hauntingly insistent but also delicate. When it’s on, it is a lovely and unique take on the varietal, pretty unlike anything else from this varietal. Some of our favorites are Vie de Romans, Venica, and Venica, and Terlano’s Porphyr. In that vein of elite level, captivating, almost haunting ‘high country’ Sauvignons, add the Tiare Sauvignon Collio 2017, a beautiful example of exactly what we are talking about and a “tre bicchierre” selection from Gambero Rosso (their highest rating).Learn More
- Schiopetto Sauvignon Collio 2016JS95VM91$23.98Availability:In Stock91 Points! Bright golden-yellow. Very Sauvignon-like with its aromas and flavors of green fig, grapefruit, guava and sage. Bright, fresh and tactile, with a saline nuance on the long, vibrant and juicy finish. Clocks in at 14.5% alcohol, but seems like it was made in a cooler climate. - Ian D'Agata, Vinous Media
- Ronco del Gnemiz Sauvignon Serena Palazzolo e Figli 2015VM95$26.98Availability:Out of Stock95 Points! The 2015 Sauvignon Serena Palazzolo e Figli is superb. A wine that encapsulates all the qualities that make the best Friuli Sauvignons such compelling wines. Bright, finely sculpted and intensely mineral yet with plenty of depth and no hard edges, the 2015 is wonderfully complete. The brisk, precise finish is a thing of beauty. The Serena Palazzolo emerges from vines in Buttrio, one of the most distinctive towns in Friuli's Colli Orientali. Drink it over the next handful of years.
- Vie di Romans Sauvignon Blanc Vieris Friuli Isonzo 2015JS96$36.98Availability:In Stock96 Points! This is really exotic with peaches, mangoes and grapefruits as well as a steely undertone. Full body, plenty of fruit and a powerful finish. One of the great whites of Italy. Drink now. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More