- Felsina Vin Santo 2007 375mlJS94WA94+$38.98Availability:In Stock94+ Points! The 2007 Vin Santo del Chianti Classico (375-milliliters) is a gorgeous wine with so many descriptors that apply to the ever-evolving and complex bouquet. This golden dessert wine offers distinct aromas of dried apricot, honey and saffron. But give it a few moments and earthy or autumnal tones of wild mushroom, forest floor and aged cheese also rise to the top. The effect is almost savory and definitely very sophisticated. The wine glides smoothly over the palate with creamy richness and viscous smoothness. - Monica Larner, robertparker.com Learn More
- Vietti Barolo Rocche 1999VM95$179.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! The mid to late 1990s were a period of considerable change in Piedmont, as the differences between traditional and more modern-leaning producers were especially marked during this time. The 1999 Barolo Rocche is the star of this flight, as it has all of the classicism of the 1996, but with a little more perfume and inner sweetness, both of which serve to flesh out the mid-palate nicely. What a vivid and utterly captivating Barolo the 1999 is. I have always had a weak spot for the vintage. When I taste the 1999 Rocche, I am once again reminded why.
- Vietti Barolo Brunate 1999VM92$179.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Dark ruby. With the Brunate we move into the house's more modern-styled wines. It shows the balsamic nose typical of this great vineyard, along with toasted oak, smoke, mineral and tar aromas with excellent concentration in its sweet dark fruit, as well as notable expansiveness and depth of expression. This bottling often appears out of balance when young as the new oak requires a few years to integrate fully into the wine, but patience will be amply rewarded. It should drink well to age 20.
- Sandrone Barolo Cannubi Boschis 1999VM93$189.98Availability:Out of Stock93 Points! Sandrone's 1999 Barolo Cannubi Boschis has become much more delicate over the last few years. Still fresh and vibrant, the 1999 impresses for its total sense of harmony. The tannins are now starting to melt away, allowing the fruit to be fully expressive. Violets, lavender and blue/purplish fruit grace the finish. There is a lot to like here.
- Domenico Clerico Barolo Percristina 1999VM93$119.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! Clerico's 1999 Barolo Percristina is a dark, sumptuous beauty. Chocolate, menthol, black fruit, leather and spices flesh out in a round, resonant Barolo with no hard edges and fabulous overall balance. This gorgeous Barolo captures the essence of the full-throttle modern style that was all the rage at the time.
- Malvira Roero Riserva Trinita 2007WA92$39.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! The 2007 Roero Riserva Trinità opens with beautifully articulated candied cherries, crushed flowers, spices and menthol. This is the most pointed and focused of the estate's three Roeros in 2007. Freshly cut flowers and mint add lift on the energetic finish. This is another terrific showing from Malvira. - Antonio Galloni, Wine AdvocateLearn More