- Petra Unger Grüner Veltliner Gottschelle 2017DEC96$18.98Availability:Out of Stock96 Points! Rich and powerful with aromas of cardamon, lemongrass, red apples, pear, lime, honey, hazelnuts with a hint of seaweed and rose adding interest. These flavours follow through to the palate, which has finesse and texture. Elegantly structured with an opulent finish. - Decanter World Wine Awards 2019 Learn More
- Domane Wachau Gruner Veltliner Federspiel Terrassen 2018$12.98Availability:In Stock
- Nigl Grüner Veltliner Alte Reben Kremstal 2016JS95Special Price $24.98 Regular Price $42.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! Enormously fresh pineapple fruit is packed into a very sleek package, then endowed with such enormous energy and minerality that it almost literally takes your breath away as well as driving the very long finish. Drink now or hold. - JamesSuckling.com Learn More
- Rudi Pichler Grüner Veltliner Wachau Smaragd Terrassen 2017JS93WA91$28.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! A delicious grüner veltliner that's both juicy and beautifully balanced. This has great mirabelle character, plus delicate and sweet vegetal aromas. Long, elegant and properly dry finish that makes you want to order a fine fish dish right now! - JamesSuckling.com Learn More
- Bernhard Ott Gruner Veltliner Engabrunner Stein 2017JS96$39.98Availability:Out of Stock96 Points! Let me introduce you to the wildest herb aromas you can imagine. Stunning marriage of intensity and delicacy on the palate. Long, very filigree and mineral finish. From biodynamically grown grapes. Respekt certified. Drink or hold. Screw cap. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Bernhard Ott Gruner Veltliner Feuersbrunner Speigel 2017JS95WA94$39.98Availability:Out of Stock95 Points! Tons of white pepper, but also lemon zest and licorice. Great freshness for the vintage. Dense but only medium-full palate and a very long, mineral finish. From biodynamically grown grapes. Respekt certified. Drink or hold. Screw cap. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Bernhard Ott Gruner Veltliner Feuersbrunner Rosenberg 2017JS97WA93$49.98Availability:In Stock97 Points! Very pristine and youthful with a stunning combination of concentration and grace on the palate. This is one of the highlights of the vintage for Austria's signature grape. Very long, cool finish with a slew of herbs and minerals. From biodynamically grown grapes. Respekt certified. Drink or hold. Screw cap. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Vorspannhof Mayr Gruner Veltliner Ried Loiser Weg Kremstal 2017$18.98Availability:In StockWe have espoused on our version of the theory of relativity on a number of occasions. The heart of that theory is that one's perception of a wine is greatly influenced by what else might be on the table. You are likely to have a better impression of a particular wine if it is tasted among lesser efforts, and, conversely, a really great wine's magnitude might not be fully appreciated if it is tasted solely amongst other great wines.Given that belief, it would follow that the Vorspannhof Mayr Gruner Veltliner Ried Loiser Weg Kremstal 2017, which we tasted after a knockout lineup of Ott Gruners, should have been swept away. The fact that it held its own in that company speaks volumes. From the northern end of Kremstal, near Kamptal, the soils here are loess and gravel, and the wine's style and expression is much more 'traditional' with in the realm of Gruners.Classic snap pea and watercress high tones with some white pepper and a little apricot, with a driving minerality and salinity through the middle to make everything sizzle, these folks are bringing it 'old school' in a good way. It could hang with the flashier Otts because of its drive. This one slices through food and leaves the palate energized for more, and the price performance in particular was impressive.
- Laurenz V Gruner Veltliner Singing 2017JS90$13.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! The fresh green-apple and plum character, together with the medium to light body and lively acidity, make this a refreshing grüner veltliner that will give plenty of pleasure with salad and many moderately spicy dishes. Drink now. Screw cap. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Schloss Gobelsburg Gruner Veltliner Reid Renner 1 Kamptal 2016JS92WA91-92$39.98Availability:In Stock91-92 Points! Tasted as a sample in June 2017, the 2016 Ried Renner 1ÖTW (from the bottom of the Gaisberg) is beautifully aromatic and flinty on the pure, fresh and elegant nose that is still a bit reductive but very well defined. On the palate, this is a mouth-filling yet pure, fresh and finessed Grüner Veltliner with a stimulating mineral grip and an intense as well as lingering minerality. The vines are 20 to 60+ years old and root in crystalline soils such as gneiss and mica with amphibolite. The 2016 is a classic of great purity, tension, finesse and elegance. - Stephan Reinhardt, Wine AdvocateLearn More
- Laurenz V Gruner Veltliner Charming Kamptal Reserve 2015WE91$22.98Availability:In Stock91 Points! Yeasty savor and saltiness mingle with yellow pear scents on the nose of this wine. The palate adds juicy, ripe yellow plum to the mix, expanding its flavor to full-on fruitiness, with a baseline of zest and saltiness. It's generously packed, with a clean, dry and lasting finish. - Wine Enthusiast Learn More
- Atzberg Gruner Veltliner Steilterrassen 2016$31.98Availability:In StockOver the years we have told a lot of tales. More than a few of them have been about a new star coming to market that was going to have a significant impact. This one is more of a rebirth of sorts that has the potential to have greater impact as time passes in the rather specific area of Austrian whites. For the time being, it is important to understand the ‘players’, and as importantly the dirt, or the stones as this elevated site is a bit light on topsoil.
- Schlosskellerei Gobelsburg Gruner Veltliner Kamptal 2017WS90$14.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Very appealing, with a jolt of electricity from the acidity fueling the peach, white raspberry and ground ginger notes. Tobacco and white chocolate accents linger on the long, pure-tasting finish. - Wine SpectatorLearn More
- Atzberg Gruner Veltliner Obere Steilterrassen 2015WA92+$64.98Availability:In StockFrom the upper terraces of the 51% steep Atzberg in St Michael (Weissenkirchen), the 2015 Grüner Veltliner Smaragd Obere Steilterrassen opens with a deep yet fine, cool and very elegant nose with flinty and yeasty flavors. This bouquet is very well defined and balanced, and it reflects the cooler microclimate of Spitz. On the palate, this is a rich, elegant and silky textured but not fully dry Grüner Veltliner that reveals fine tannins in the concentrated and aromatic finish. This is a promising wine but should be cellared for at least another five to seven years. - Stephan Reinhardt, robertparker.com Learn More
- Alzinger Gruner Veltliner Steinertal Smaragd 2015WA92$54.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Leo Alzinger's Loibner 2015 Ried Steinertal Grüner Veltliner Smaragd is dense, intense and aromatic on the well-concentrated and stony nose. Full-bodied and rich, powerful, massive and open the palate, this Smaragd still needs time, as it lacks a bit of freshness and piquancy at the moment. It's a monumental Veltliner that I tasted during VieVinum at the Vienna Hofburg in June 2018. - Stephen Reinhardt, robertparker.comLearn More