- Nigl Grüner Veltliner Alte Reben Kremstal 2016JS95Special Price $24.98 Regular Price $42.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! Enormously fresh pineapple fruit is packed into a very sleek package, then endowed with such enormous energy and minerality that it almost literally takes your breath away as well as driving the very long finish. Drink now or hold. - JamesSuckling.com Learn More
- Rudi Pichler Grüner Veltliner Wachau Smaragd Terrassen 2017JS93WA91$28.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! A delicious grüner veltliner that's both juicy and beautifully balanced. This has great mirabelle character, plus delicate and sweet vegetal aromas. Long, elegant and properly dry finish that makes you want to order a fine fish dish right now! - JamesSuckling.com Learn More
- Bernhard Ott Gruner Veltliner Engabrunner Stein 2017JS96$39.98Availability:In Stock96 Points! Let me introduce you to the wildest herb aromas you can imagine. Stunning marriage of intensity and delicacy on the palate. Long, very filigree and mineral finish. From biodynamically grown grapes. Respekt certified. Drink or hold. Screw cap. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Bernhard Ott Gruner Veltliner Feuersbrunner Speigel 2017JS95WA94$39.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! Tons of white pepper, but also lemon zest and licorice. Great freshness for the vintage. Dense but only medium-full palate and a very long, mineral finish. From biodynamically grown grapes. Respekt certified. Drink or hold. Screw cap. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Bernhard Ott Gruner Veltliner Feuersbrunner Rosenberg 2017JS97WA93$49.98Availability:In Stock97 Points! Very pristine and youthful with a stunning combination of concentration and grace on the palate. This is one of the highlights of the vintage for Austria's signature grape. Very long, cool finish with a slew of herbs and minerals. From biodynamically grown grapes. Respekt certified. Drink or hold. Screw cap. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Vorspannhof Mayr Gruner Veltliner Ried Loiser Weg Kremstal 2017$18.98Availability:In StockWe have espoused on our version of the theory of relativity on a number of occasions. The heart of that theory is that one's perception of a wine is greatly influenced by what else might be on the table. You are likely to have a better impression of a particular wine if it is tasted among lesser efforts, and, conversely, a really great wine's magnitude might not be fully appreciated if it is tasted solely amongst other great wines.Given that belief, it would follow that the Vorspannhof Mayr Gruner Veltliner Ried Loiser Weg Kremstal 2017, which we tasted after a knockout lineup of Ott Gruners, should have been swept away. The fact that it held its own in that company speaks volumes. From the northern end of Kremstal, near Kamptal, the soils here are loess and gravel, and the wine's style and expression is much more 'traditional' with in the realm of Gruners.Classic snap pea and watercress high tones with some white pepper and a little apricot, with a driving minerality and salinity through the middle to make everything sizzle, these folks are bringing it 'old school' in a good way. It could hang with the flashier Otts because of its drive. This one slices through food and leaves the palate energized for more, and the price performance in particular was impressive.
- Laurenz V Gruner Veltliner Singing 2017JS90$13.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! The fresh green-apple and plum character, together with the medium to light body and lively acidity, make this a refreshing grüner veltliner that will give plenty of pleasure with salad and many moderately spicy dishes. Drink now. Screw cap. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Schloss Gobelsburg Gruner Veltliner Reid Renner 1 Kamptal 2016JS92WA91$39.98Availability:In Stock91-92 Points! Tasted as a sample in June 2017, the 2016 Ried Renner 1ÖTW (from the bottom of the Gaisberg) is beautifully aromatic and flinty on the pure, fresh and elegant nose that is still a bit reductive but very well defined. On the palate, this is a mouth-filling yet pure, fresh and finessed Grüner Veltliner with a stimulating mineral grip and an intense as well as lingering minerality. The vines are 20 to 60+ years old and root in crystalline soils such as gneiss and mica with amphibolite. The 2016 is a classic of great purity, tension, finesse and elegance. - Stephan Reinhardt, Wine AdvocateLearn More