- Selbach Oster Riesling Eiswein Zeltinger Himmelreich 2016 375mlWA96Special Price $69.98 Regular Price $119.98Availability:Out of Stock96 Points! Picked on the 5th of December, the 2016 Zeltinger Himmelreich Riesling Eiswein (AP 14 17) has a very clear and concentrated bouquet of pineapples and weathered slate. Sweet yet piquant and elegant on the palate, this is a highly finessed and salty-piquant picture-book ice wine with lingering salinity and grip. This is super precise and perfectly balanced. Tasted February 2018. - Stephan Reinhardt, robertparker.com Learn More
- Carl Loewen Riesling Mosel Maximin Herrenberg Trocken Alte Reben 1896 2017JS96Special Price $39.98 Regular Price $59.98Availability:In Stock96 Points! This is so exotic but it is also super clean with a ravishing elegance. A very long and complex finish with enormous minerality. Drink or hold. - JamesSuckling.com Learn More
- Reinhold Haart Riesling Spatlese Piesporter Grafenberg 2007WS94Special Price $34.98 Regular Price $45.00Availability:In Stock94 Points! Packed with spice and mineral, this is all about the terroir. Hints of peach and golden apple peek through, but it's the savory, stony, smoky character that makes this elegant Riesling compelling. Just won't quit on the finish either. Drink now through 2025. - Wine SpectatorLearn More
- Schafer-Frohlich Riesling Spatlese Bockenauer Felseneck 2016WS93WA92VM91Special Price $29.98 Regular Price $50.00Availability:In Stock92 Points! Sourced from steep plots with 30- to 40-year-old vines, the 2016 Nahe Riesling Bockenauer Felseneck Spätlese was picked early—just one week after the Kabinett—to preserve the acidity and with perfectly healthy berries at 95° Oechsle. This is a flinty-spicy, stony-mineral Riesling with beautiful herbal and minty notes. Round, very clear and elegant on the palate, this is a lithe, greatly finessed and delicate Spätlese with crystalline clarity and a slatey character. This reminds me of a Wehlener Sonnenuhr or Graacher Himmelreich from the Mosel. This is a highly precise and delicate Spätlese with lingering salinity and crystallization. - Stephan Reinhardt, Wine Advocate
- St Nikolaus Hospital Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr Riesling Spatlese 2015Special Price $14.98 Regular Price $24.98Availability:In Stock
This is just a straight giveaway on a Spätlese wine from one of the Mosel's undisputed Grand Crus...simply brilliant Riesling...
The vineyard? Maybe the tiny ‘Grand Cru’ Brauneberger Juffer-Sonnenuhr isn’t quite as well known to the broad market as the larger, more heavily marketed Wehlener Sonnenuhr, Graacher Himmelreich or Bernkasteler Doctor sites. But among those tuned in to great Mosel vineyards, Brauneberger Juffer-Sonnenuhr is one of the great ones. We have come to appreciate the vineyard a lot over the last three decades as we have been presented multiple striking examples from the likes of Mosel luminaries Fritz Haag and Schloss Lieser.
The St Nikolaus Hospital Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr Riesling Spatlese 2015 is a more centered wine that shows a more direct, pronounced element of peach and pear, with a little hint of apricot possibly as a result of a greater must weight. The sweetness level seems slightly more overt out of the gate and the palate is more concise.Learn More
- St. Urbans-Hof Estate Riesling Auslese Ockfener Bockstein Goldkapsule Mosel 2014 375mlWS93VM94Special Price $44.98 Regular Price $75.00Availability:In Stock94 Points! From diverse parcels, this late-harvested elixir features apple jelly and plum preserves mingled with juicy fresh lime and orange for a lovely balance of ennobled richness and vivacity. Plum pit piquancy lends counterpoint and salinity serves for saliva inducement, so that substantial residual sugar is able to reinforce the fruity richness without depriving us of freshness, let alone turning obscurant or cloying. In fact, there is a tingling, crystalline sense of mineral matter in the lushly lingering, irresistibly seductive finish. Incredibly, there is a thousand-liter fuder's worth of this! David Schildknecht, Vinous Media, October 2016Learn More
- Trossen Riesling Spatlese Vom Berg 2014Special Price $29.98 Regular Price $42.98Availability:In StockTrossen's biodynamically-farmed vines lie in the less-than-famous Kinheimer Kindel, and are easily identifiable on the hill because they are the ‘green’ ones (cover crop and all that). We have criticized a number of 2014s for not having enough ‘drive’. Clearly Trossen didn’t get that memo because this one’s got the power. This is a riveting spatlese showing violet, white currant, peach, stones and apple among other things. Tightly wound, it unveils more as it sits in the glass. Sneaky layers of fruit, deceptive power and persistent drive through the palate, this is a complete effort with spatlese sweetness perfectly cut with fresh acidity. It’s a must for Riesling fans and a great ambassador for traditional German Riesling.Learn More
- Schafer-Frohlich Riesling Spatlese Bockenauer Felseneck 2013WA93Special Price $27.98 Regular Price $44.98Availability:In Stock
How did we score a deal on one of Germany's pre-eminent producers of world-class Riesling? easy, there ain't a lot of it...
93+ Points! The bright yellow, greenish shimmering 2013 Felseneck Riesling Spätlese opens as a serious wine with cool, fresh, spicy/smoky slate, quartzite and herbal aromas on the nose that indicate a deep and mineral as well as full-bodied and complex Riesling. The palate is impressively juicy and pure at the same time and the finish piquant and salty. Still young this Spätlese just suggests its true class and complexity which shines through in a long, piquant and grippy finish. - Stephan Reinhardt, RobertParker.comLearn MoreHURRY, ONLY 6 LEFT!
- Schlossgut Diel Riesling Kabinett Dorsheimer Goldloch 2014WA90Special Price $25.98 Regular Price $36.00Availability:In Stock90 Points! Bright fruit flavors with orange peel aromas opens the 2014 Dorsheim Goldloch Riesling Kabinett. This is a light and very racy Riesling with a great piquancy and enormous juiciness. This wine was fermented in Stückfass, but it is, nevertheless, a rather very reductive style. - Stephan Reinhardt, eRobertParker.com #223Learn More
- Markus Molitor Brauneberger Klostergarten Pinot Noir ** 2011 MagnumWA94Special Price $159.98 Regular Price $200.00Availability:In StockFine, beautifully fragrant, almost floral Pinot aromas emerge from the glass of the 2011 Brauneberger Klostergarten Pinot Noir **, quoting wild strawberries, redcurrant and caramel intertwined with subtle slate and most delicate, smoky flavors. Full-bodied, intense and powerful, but also elegant and balanced, this sweet and ripe Pinot has a remarkable finesse and freshness leading to a persistent finish of great delicacy and aging potential. This Pinot speaks with a French accent and should develop over the next 10-15 years. - Stephan Reinhardt, eRobertParker.com #217, February 2015Learn More