- Comtes Lafon Volnay Santenots du Milieu 1er Cru 2016WA94$179.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! Aromas of dark cherries, incense, baking chocolate and rich soil tones introduce the 2016 Volnay 1er Cru Les Santenots-du-Milieu, a medium to full-bodied wine with superb depth and dimension, juicy balancing acids and powdery structuring tannins. The finish is long and sapid. It's an excellent Santenots that has really fleshed out since I tasted it from barrel. - William Kelley, robertparker.comLearn More
- Comtes Lafon Volnay 2017$99.98Availability:In StockA cuvée composed of young vine Santenots and only comparatively young vine Champans, the 2017 Volnay Village is medium-bodied, elegant and open-knit, with good depth at the core, succulent acids and fine tannins, concluding with a respectably long finish. - William Kelley, robertparker.comLearn More
- Louis Latour Volnay 1er Cru En Chevret 2010WS92$74.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Strawberry and wild cherry aromas and flavors highlight this delicate yet firm red. Linear and long, with an aftertaste of flowers and spice. Best from 2016 through 2030. - Wine SpectatorLearn More
- Nicolas Rossignol Volnay 1er Cru Clos des Angles 2015VM92$119.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Saturated dark red. Deep aromas are a bit darker and more animal than usual for this wine chez Rossignol, not to mention more closed; hints at black fruit liqueur and leather. Then large-scaled, sweet and deep on the palate, with its thick, slightly high-toned flavors lifted by a vineyard-typical spice character that's accentuated by the stem element. Rossignol noted that this wine has higher acidity than the 2016 version. This very concentrated Volnay finishes sweetly tannic and powerful, with outstanding breadth and rising spiciness.
- Nicolas Rossignol Volnay 1er Cru Taillepieds 2015BH92$169.98Availability:In Stock92-94 Points! ...there is a similar mouth feel to the Caillerets with perhaps even more minerality present on the well-muscled and more powerful flavors that also coat the palate with dry extract on the wonderfully persistent if youthfully austere finish. This is a big but well-balanced Taillepieds that is also going to require extended cellaring before it's ready for prime time. Sweet Spot, Outstanding. - Allen Meadows, Burghound #66Learn More
- Nicolas Rossignol Volnay 1er Cru Chevret 2015BH91VM91$139.98Availability:In Stock91-93 points! (vinified with 50% whole clusters; still in barrel; part of this cuvée is from rented vines): Bright medium red. Sexy, wild scents of redcurrant, tobacco, leather and spices lifted by a floral topnote. Juicy and complex on the palate, with red and dark fruit and floral flavors accented by a hint of cinnamon. There's a faint medicinal aspect here, as well as obvious calcaire energy. The wine's tannins arrive late and build, giving this rather stony wine a slightly tough finish. - Stephen Tanzer, Vinous Media
- Joseph Voillot Volnay 1er Cru Les Fremiets 2015WS93BH91DEC93WA92$69.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! A mix of spice and berry aromas and flavors are the hallmarks of this tight, linear red. Shows some oak for now, yet all the elements are there and this finishes long and balanced. Cool and reserved, this just needs time. - Wine SpectatorLearn More
- Comtes Lafon Volnay Santenots du Milieu 1er Cru 2013VM93$149.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! (18 hectoliters per hectare): Medium red. Wonderfully deep aromas of kirsch, blackberry, dark chocolate, licorice and minerals are lifted by a floral quality. Concentrated, saline and suave, delivering a terrific core of dark cherry, menthol and spices. A strong spine of refined tannins makes its presence felt late, allowing this lively wine to stretch out impressively on the spicy aftertaste. A classic vintage for this bottling. - Stephen Tanzer, Vinous Media, March 2016Learn More