- Bel-Orme Tronquoy de Lalande Haut Medoc 2005 375ml$14.98Availability:In Stock
- Sociando Mallet Haut Medoc 1996 1.5L MagnumWS90WA90$169.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! A classic Sociando-Mallet, this wine boasts a saturated purple color, as well as an intense nose of cassis liqueur, chocolate, and minerals. Dense and medium-bodied, with outstanding purity, and high tannin, this beautifully made wine is better than many classified growths. Anticipated maturity: 2007-2020. - Robert Parker, Wine Advocate #122Learn More
- La Lagune Haut Medoc 1982WA92$189.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Unquestionably the greatest La Lagune until the 2005 was conceived, the 1982 exhibits a dense ruby/purple-tinged color along with a big, sweet bouquet of black cherries, licorice, smoky toast, and forest floor, a plush, medium to full-bodied mouthfeel, and sweet tannin. It is close to full maturity, and should keep for another decade. - Robert Parker, Wine Advocate #183, 2009Learn More
- Sociando Mallet Jean Gautreau Haut Medoc 2003JS93$94.98Availability:Out of Stock93 Points! Lots of ripe and dark fruit with hints of almonds and dark chocolate on the nose. Full body with juicy fruit and a long, caressing finish. Lovely texture to this young wine. This hot year was excellent in the Northern Médoc. A special barrel selection from Sociando Mallet. Drink or hold. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Sociando Mallet Jean Gautreau Haut Medoc 2001JS90VM92$89.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! The 2001 Cuvée Jean Gautreau is a blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 5% Cabernet Franc picked between September 26 and October 12. The bouquet is more expressive and more sensual than the 2000, offering ripe red cherry and cranberry notes, a touch of incense and pressed flowers with aeration. The palate is medium-bodied with fine-grained tannin and very good balance, and the new oak is neatly enmeshed in the suave finish, which leaves behind notes of crushed strawberry and a hint of cocoa. A lovely Cuvée Jean Gautreau. Tasted at the vertical tasting at Sociando-Mallet.
- Citran Haut Medoc 1996$34.98Availability:In StockOnce in the glass, it had a surprisingly youthful hue to its vibrant ruby color. It’s medium to full-bodied with velvety tannins and (not surprising considering the vintage) excellent concentration. There is wonderfully pure black and red currant fruit, with licorice, tobacco and spice. We were really surprised how perfectly drinkable the wine is at the moment, although it is certainly capable of a few more years in the cellar.Learn More
When Robert Parker originally reviewed this wine he wrote it was, “Opaque ruby/purple, with plenty of intensity, fruit, body, glycerin, and tannin, the 1996 is a forceful, muscular, broad-shouldered claret for drinking between 2003-2015.”
Well, here we are in 2018 and we can say this pristine chateau-direct bottling has shattered that drinking window. But we have to admit that the tasting note for the time was spot-on and you can kind of guess where this wine has ended up based on Parker’s words on this wine as a youngster.
- Verdignan Haut Medoc 2005WS90$24.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Dark in color, with lots of blackberry, mineral, licorice and a hint of toasty oak. Full-bodied, with velvety tannins and a long, caressing finish. Balanced and generous, with lots of fruit underneath. Best after 2011. - James Suckling, Wine SpectatorLearn More
- Cantemerle Haut Medoc 2017 Pre-ArrivalWE92-94DEC92JS93-94$32.9892 Points! This is a very attractive wine that has been carefully extracted in this vintage. It has a damson fruit expression with real elegance and restrained power, followed by a dusting of cocoa powder and cinnamon (more evident on the second tasting). A little shorter than in 2016, but full of elegance and fine tannins. Drinking Window 2022 - 2038 - Jane Anson, DecanterLearn More
- Coufran Haut Medoc 2001$21.98Availability:In StockIt’s a classic Médoc that is medium to full-bodied and meaty, with blackcurrants, leather, forest floor, cedar and tobacco. It is delicious, soft, and very approachable. While it’s go-time, the wine has the potential to age a few more years but why…the Château already did the aging for you…so drink up!Learn More
- Du Retout Rouge Haut Medoc 2015JS92$17.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Graphite and toasty oak played across ripe, dark plums and blackberries. The plush velvety tannins are nicely delivered and bathed in flavors of blackberries, dark cherries and mocha. Drink or hold. - James Suckling, 2/2/1889 - 92 Points! An iron note forms along the edges of the slightly tangy red currant and damson plum fruit, lingering through the finish. Very solid, with good typicity. - James Molesworth, Wine Spectator Magazine, Web Edition 2016Learn More
- Cantemerle Haut Medoc 1996$59.98Availability:In StockYet another example of why a score doesn't tell the whole story. Originally "excellent' and in the high 80's from Parker on release, the 1996 Cantemerle, from an outstanding, powerful, long-lived vintage in the Medoc, is just now coming around and giving up the goods.Learn More
- La Lagune Haut Medoc 2009WS93WA95$79.98Availability:In StockIt is not unusual that the 2009 La Lagune is a spectacular effort given the fact that this estate has been making terrific wines over the last decade or more. It boasts a dense purple color as well as a beautiful perfume of blueberries, mulberries, cassis, white chocolate and subtle toasty oak. Notes of Chinese black tea, cedarwood and forest floor also make an appearance in the singular aromatic and flavor profiles...Learn More