- Vinosia Fiano di Avellino Le Grade 2017JS93$16.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! The clarity to this fiano is most impressive with stone, sliced-apple and lemon character, as well as some lemon grass. Full-bodied, dense and very intense with a vivid and energetic finish. Drink now. - JamesSuckling.com Learn More
- Tenuta Sarno Fiano di Avellino 1860 2017VM93$26.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! Golden yellow. Vibrant aromas of apple, pear and white flowers. Ripe peach and apple flavors show an oily texture. Luscious, multilayered and big but very juicy. Closes with a welcome gingery bite. This is a real success for a Fiano wine in the hot 2017 season, when the variety fared less well than other Campanian white wine grapes.
- Rocca del Principe Fiano di Avellino 2016VM93$19.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! Vivid straw-green. Powdered rocks, green apple, chamomile and lemon verbena on the deep, complex nose. Then juicy, dense and well balanced, with precise, impressively lingering pomaceous orchard and white stone fruit flavors given outstanding clarity and cut by lively, harmonious acidity. Lovely Fiano that finishes with hints of crystallized ginger and white pepper.
- Terredora Fiano di Avellino Terre Dora 2017VM91$19.98Availability:In Stock91+ Points! Pale straw-yellow. A hint of diesel fuel complicates apple and white flowers on the enticing nose. Then juicy and very bright, offering sharply chiseled flavors of apple, baked pear, cloves and sweet spices. Finishes long and dense, with outstanding, penetrating lemony cut.
- Ciro Picariello Fiano Irpinia 2017VM90$18.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! The 2017 Ciro Picariello Fiano di Avellino is its usual brilliant lemony, mineral self, though in a warmer, slightly richer style than normal because of the radiant 2017 vintage. - Ian D'Agata, Vinous Media Learn More
- I Favati Fiano di Avellino Pietramara 2017$19.98Availability:In StockThis house has been one of a small number of Fiano di Avellino sources we have worked with over the years, and probably the most consistent as far as quality goes. This is a definitive Campanian white with plenty subtle white stone fruit and floral aromatics alongside a high-toned minerality. The wine is fleshy and fairly unctuous, yet all is nicely defined by well-positioned, well-integrated acidity which gives a nice lift to everything.The I Favati Fiano di Avellino Pietramara 2017 absolutely 'blows up' with lighter handed, herb based pasta or risotto dishes and whitefish and shellfish preparations. There’s a certain density and relaxed acidity that are kind of a surprise if you are coming from other genres of Italian whites, but that is exactly the charm of wines like Fiano and Greco di Tufo which make up their own unique stylistic subset. There are few frames of reference for these wines but this is one of the textbook examples of the breed and a consistent favorite around here. It has been a tre-bicchiere choice of Gambero Rosso on multiple occasions (this one not yet rated) as well.
- Giornata Fiano Paso Robles 2015WE90$17.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Kudos to Brian and Stephy Terrizzi for introducing this fascinating grape from southern Italy to Paso Robles. Rich white peach and poached pear aromas are edged with sharper mineral scents and boosted by vanilla undertones. The palate leads with bright acidity then explores red apple, cantaloupe and stone fruit flavors, proving easy to like but also tempered with restraint. - Wine Enthusiast Learn More