- Bodega Noemia Malbec A Lisa Patagonia 2017JS93WA93$15.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! Even after only a few weeks of being bottled, the 2017 A Lisa was expressive, exuberant and open. It has a little less alcohol and more acidity than the 2016 I tasted next to it, but it is especially much cleaner and more focused. It's always a similar blend of grapes from 15- to 40-year-old vineyards, mostly Malbec with 9% Merlot and a pinch of Petit Verdot. It fermented with 10% full clusters and matured in used barriques and stainless steel vats for ten months. 2017 saw a warm couple of weeks around the harvest, but the wines show moderate to low alcohol (lower than 2016) and good freshness in a balanced year. Proprietor and winemaker Hans Vinding Diers compares it to 2011, with mostly red fruit, a touch of black too, juicy and with balanced ripeness. It has a pleasant mouthfeel, with lightness, bright fruit and very nice acidity. - Luis Gutierrez, robertparker.com Learn More
- Atance Bobal Valencia 2017WA90+$9.98Availability:In Stock90+ Points! The single-vineyard red 2017 ATANCE is pure organically farmed Bobal from the Casa Segura at 800 meters in altitude. It fermented in 10,000-liter stainless steel tanks with destemmed grapes and indigenous yeasts followed by malolactic fermentation and an élevage of four to six months in 8,000-liter oak vats. There is quite a jump in quality from La Traca here; this is more serious and it has a finer palate with subtle chalky minerality. In fact, I think it transcends the vintage. - Luis Gutierrez, robertparker.com Learn More
- Colome Estate Malbec Salta 2016JS92WA91$19.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Brimming with blueberry, violet and bitter chocolate notes, this is an extravagant yet very fresh and well-structured expression of Salta malbec. If you can give it until 2020, then the bold, dry tannins will soften and may make it more elegant. - JamesSuckling.com Learn More
- Zolo Malbec Mendoza 2018JS92$10.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Very pure and attractive blueberry and cassis aromas and flavors here. This is a smoothly refined and flavorful, young offering. From organically grown grapes. Drink or hold. - jamesSuckling.com Learn More
- Catena Zapata D.V. Tinto Historico Red Blend Mendoza 2015JS93$14.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! Aromas of mushroom, dark fruit. Hints of dark chocolate. Full and lightly chewy with a lovely texture and a ripe fruit finish. Juicy and delicious. I like the tea and bark at the finish. - JamesSuckling.com Learn More
- Catena Zapata Argentino Malbec Mendoza 2015WS94JD96JS94WA95$94.98Availability:In Stock96 Points! A vineyard selection from old vines, the 2015 Malbec Argentino is all Malbec sourced from the Angelica Vineyard (Lunlunta District) and Nicasia Vineyard (Altamira District) and aged two years in new French oak barrels. This uber-sexy, opulent 2015 offers a rock star bouquet of blueberries, blackcurrants, smoked earth, chocolate, and tobacco leaf, with an almost Graves-like minerality and earthiness that develops with time in the glass. Ripe, full-bodied, and plush on the palate, it nevertheless has density and depth, with notable tannins, moderate acidity, and a great finish. It’s a brilliant wine from this beautiful estate to drink over the coming 10-15 years. - Jeb Dunnuck. jebdunnuck.com Learn More
- Clos de los Siete Mendoza 2015JS93$14.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! A fine and fresh wine with blueberries and fresh herbs. Medium body, refined and focused. Linear and tight texture. Very long and bright. Layered and delicious. Drink and enjoy. - JamesSuckling.comLearn More
- Zuccardi Malbec Poligonos Tupungato (Gualtallary) 2016JS94WA94$26.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! There is a big jump in quality in the 2016 Polígonos Gualtallary compared with the 2015, as they realized that the grapes there ripen earlier than in Altamira, even though the vineyards are much higher (Gualtallary is at 1,350 meters in altitude compared to Altamira at 1,100), which does not follow any (known) logic. They also separated the harvest by soil, which has increased the levels of precision and freshness. This is the most mineral and austere of the three Malbec Polígonos from 2016. Amazing value too! - Luis Gutierrez, robertparker.comLearn More
- Felipe Staiti Malbec Mendoza Euforia 2015JS93Please proceed to checkout to reveal our lowest price.Special Price $19.98Availability:In Stock
Nope, no way this Malbec from the talented Marcelo Pelleriti is supposed to be $9.98 a bottle, but where there's a deal, there's a way...
Marcelo gives this wines the same ‘star’ treatment that he does the wine at Chateau Le Gay and Chateau La Violette in Pomerol, where he is also the winemaker. There, the results are 100-point wines, but perhaps at a $200 price. Here you get the same mojo for, today, just $9.98.
93 Points! The aromas of blueberry and cherry with fresh flowers and spice are really impressive. Full-to-medium body, lovely depth of fruit and a creamy finish. Drink now. - JamesSuckling.comLearn More
- Tapiz Malbec Alta Collection Mendoza 2015WS91JS94$14.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! Very floral and fruity with spice, walnut and perfume character. Medium to full body, refined, and polished. Lovely balanced and sophistication. Drink now. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Zorzal Malbec Terroir Unico 2017JS91$12.98Availability:In Stock91 Points! Big morello cherry and blueberry fruit as well as hints of earth and spices (and restrained oak!). Moderately tannic. A clean finish. Rather fascinating. Easy to drink now. - JamesSuckling.comLearn More
- Zolo Malbec Mendoza 2017JS92$10.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! For this modestly-priced category the aromas of blueberries, pomegranates and fresh herbs are stunning. Great balance of silky tannins and ripe fruit with moderate acidity. Where is that pizza? Enjoy now. Screw cap. - James SucklingLearn More
- Haute Serre Cahors 2014WS90$21.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! A concentrated red, building ripe cherry, plum pudding and licorice flavors that are detailed with floral, cocoa powder and raspberry accents. Fresh acidity and mineral elements give focus through the orange peel—tinged finish. Drink now through 2022. - Gillian Sciaretta, Wine Spectator
- Marcelo Pelleriti Reserve Malbec Valle de Uco 2014JS93WA91VM91Special Price $9.98 Regular Price $19.98Availability:In Stock
Well, the way you guys reacted to this morning's Malbec we just knew we had to follow it up with more Marcelo magic....
93 Points! Aromas of blackberries, walnuts and hints of chocolate follow through to a medium to full body, silky tannins and a long finish. Love the slightly bitter aftertaste. Drink now or hold. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.com91 Points! The 2014 Reserva Malbec is produced from grapes sourced from small plots of old vines sourced from different growers in La Consulta and Altamira in the Valle de Uco. It fermented in stainless steel with selected yeasts and 70% of the volume was put in used French oak barrels for six months while the rest was kept in tank. This is a classical, proportioned, ripe but balanced, well-oaked but without excess Malbec. The palate reveals notes of violets and spices and very fine tannins, with a slightly dusty texture and a faintly bitter finish. - Luis Gutierrez, Wine Advocate
91 Points! Bright, full ruby. Pungent, varietally accurate aromas of blackberry, violet and licorice convey a lightly medicinal aspect. Concentrated, chewy and rich, with black fruit and chocolate flavors nicely framed and intensified by integrated acidity. Finishes with serious but ripe tannins and excellent length. I like this--and it's a lot of wine for the price. - Stephen Tanzer, Vinous MediaLearn More
- Decero Malbec Remolinos Vineyard Mendoza 2016WS90JD90WA90$17.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! The 2016 Malbec Remolinos Vineyard is a big, ripe, opulent effort that, like the 2015, is a terrific value. Blueberries, jammy black raspberries, ground pepper, and underbrush all give way to a ripe, full-bodied Malbec that has terrific purity and balance. It’s a sexy fruit bomb to drink over the coming 4-5 years. - Jeb Dunnuck, jebdunnuck.com Learn More
- Trapiche Malbec Finca Ambrosia Mendoza 2013JS95WA96$39.98Availability:In Stock96 Points! As it tends to happen, the 2013 Terroir Series Malbec Finca Ambrosía is my favorite from the series. It has all the flowers, wild herbs and austere minerality from the high-altitude place in a cool year. It's both delicate and powerful—a combination rare to find. This is a textbook example of the variety, place and vintage. Bravo! - Luis Gutierrez, The Wine Advocate Issue #23795 Points! This is a very linear and refined with a purity of fruit and stone character. Full body, and intense. Plenty of fruit but in a focused and serious way. Needs at least two to three years of bottle age. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn More
- Catena Zapata Malbec Argentino 2012JS98$104.98Availability:In Stock98 Points! Very dense and powerful with a tight palate of blue fruit and raspberry undertones. Salty with wonderful length and intensity. A blend of malbec from Nicasia Vineyard in Altamira and Adrianna Vineyard in Gualtallary. Drink in 2022 but so great now. James Suckling, May 20, 2016Learn More