- Vall Sanzo Damilasco Toro Crianza 2008WA90Special Price $9.98 Regular Price $19.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! The 2008 Damalisco Crianza from Toro is 100% Tinta de Toro (Tempranillo) aged for 10 months in new French and American oak. It offers up a lightly roasted, liqueur-like nose of ripe black fruits, toasty oak, and violets. Layered on the palate with some opulence, it makes up in power what it lacks in subtlety. Drink this rich effort through 2018. - Jay Miller, robertparker.com Learn More
- Rosalcy Lalande de Pomerol 2008$19.98Availability:In StockRoslacy is a 55% Merlot/45% Cab Franc second wine from Chateau Tournefeuille. The château and chai are situated on a hill atop the valley of the Barbanne, a small river that separates Lalande-de-Pomerol from the more famous wine-producing appellation of Pomerol. Just on the other side of the Barbanne from Tournefeuille lies Château Pétrus, one of Bordeaux’s best-known wine estates. The vineyard of Tournefeuille encompasses 18 hectares. Learn More
- Benjamin Romeo Rioja La Cueva del Contador 2008WA94VM93+Special Price $49.98 Regular Price $89.98Availability:In Stock
A ridiculous price on this library selection of one of Rioja's greatest wines...
94 Points! The 2008 La Cueva de Contador is 100% Tempranillo aged for 18 months in new French oak. This purple-colored Rioja offers up a striking nose of sandalwood, Asian spices, incense, lilacs, espresso, and blackberry. Savory, ripe, sweetly-fruited, and incipiently complex, it will evolve for 6-8 years and drink well through 2028, if not longer. - Luis Gutierrez, robertparker.com
93+ Points! Glass-staining ruby. Deep dark berry and cherry liqueur aromas are strongly marked by sexy vanillin oak and potpourri. The palate offers intense blackberry and boysenberry flavors, with energetic mineral and floral pastille notes and sweet mocha on the back end. Powerful, impressively concentrated and lively to boot, finishing with strong thrust and sappy persistence. This is still a baby. - Josh Raynolds, Vinous Media, 2011Learn More
- Viña Santurnia Rioja Gran Reserva 2008$29.98Availability:In StockThe simple story is that, while this is not the wine version of 'super models', they are character-filled, honest, classically rendered wines that deliver every time at prices that are pretty easy to swallow. Familiar notes of plum, cranberry, spice, leather, and vanilla play at every level. While they have that engaging Rioja muskiness and dusty note to the finish, they tend to be riper, more substantial, and fuller-bodied than your garden variety Rioja. Learn More
- Le Ragose Amarone della Valpolicella 2008WE91WA93$49.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! Seeing 90 days of appassimento, this blend of 50% Corvina, 20% Corvinone, 20% Rondinella and 10% other mixed grapes was first made in 1969, and this Amarone has followed a very traditional approach ever since. The 2008 Amarone della Valpolicella Classico is a bit drier than its peers (with just 1.56 grams per liter of residual sugar) and carries savory tones of dark fruit, leather, spice and tobacco. The wine ages in stainless steel for the first 12 months and then goes into 50-hectoliter barrels for an additional 72 months. This vintage shows just enough freshness to assure you that this 11-year-old Amarone will hold for another decade. - Monica Larner, robertparker.com, August 2019 Learn More
- Dom Perignon Champagne Vintage 2008 Pre-ArrivalJS98VM98$179.9898+ Points! The 2008 Dom Pérignon is fabulous, but quite remarkably, it was even more open when I tasted it a year ago. Bright, focused and crystalline in its precision, the 2008 is going to need a number of years before it is at its best. Lemon peel, white flowers, mint and white pepper give the 2008 its chiseled, bright profile. Several recent bottles have all been magnificent. What I admire most about the 2008 is the way it shows all the focus, translucence and energy that is such a signature of the year, and yet it is also remarkably deep and vertical. In other words, the 2008 is a Champagne that plays in three dimensions.
- Leoville Poyferre 2008WS91WA94$99.98Availability:In Stock94 Points- "One of the finest over-achieving efforts in this vintage as well as a “best buy” for a top-flight St.-Julien, this 2008 is an irresistible success. It reveals an opaque ruby/purple color, lots of unctuosity and a boatload of sweet cassis and black cherry fruit intertwined with notions of licorice, smoke and oak. Full-bodied, remarkably concentrated and stunningly pure and textured, this sensational wine is already drinking well, and will be even better with 2-3 years of cellaring. It should last for 20-25 years. Bravo!" Robert Parker, Wine AdvocateLearn More
- Ausone 2008 MAGNUMWS94WA98$1,599.98Availability:In Stock98 Points- "Possibly the “wine of the vintage,” the 2008 boasts an inky/blue/purple color as well as a glorious perfume of spring flowers, blueberry and blackberry liqueur, camphor, truffles and crushed rocks. With great fruit on the attack and mid-palate, a medium to full-bodied, multidimensional mouthfeel and a skyscraper-like finish, this prodigious effort over-delivers, even for this phenomenal terroir. Give it 5-8 years of cellaring and drink it over the following 40-50 years." Robert Parker, Wine AdvocateLearn More
- La Violette Pomerol 2008WA95$279.98Availability:In Stock95 Points- "Fashioned from yields of 18 hectoliters per hectare with 13.5% natural alcohol, the opaque ruby-hued 2008 exhibits tell-tale floral notes intertwined with raspberries, sweet black cherries, licorice and cassis. Medium to full-bodied, beautifully concentrated and strikingly pure as well as multilayered, the 2008, despite its precociousness, will benefit from 2-3 years of bottle age and keep for 20-25 years. It is one of the top successes of the vintage." Robert Parker, Wine AdvocateLearn More
- Piper-Heidsieck Brut 2008WS93WA94$62.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! An elegant, toasty version, featuring firm, focusing acidity layered with rich hints of canelé, dried apricot, coffee liqueur and star anise. Bright and citrusy, with a long, mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2027. - Alison Napjus, Wine SpectatorLearn More
- Giuseppe Quintarelli Alzero Cabernet Franc 2008WA95$349.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! This wine was first produced in 1983, and production remains unbroken because no vintage was ever skipped. The 2008 Cabernet Alzero is 80% Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc with 20% Merlot. These are the first grapes to be picked in September. After harvest, the grapes go through two or three months of appassimento and up to nine years of aging in large oak casks. Indeed, the winemaking process used here is identical to that of the Amarone, only this wine maintains a more international identity thanks to the grape varieties used. Dark plum, blackberry and raisin intermingle with spice, tar and tobacco. This vintage registers a 16.5% alcoholic content, and there is, once again, plenty of textural fiber and richness to support and cushion that heat. - Monica Larner, robertparker.com Learn MoreHURRY, ONLY 3 LEFT!
- Veuve Clicquot Brut La Grande Dame 2008WS95Special Price $109.98 Regular Price $159.98Availability:Out of Stock
Gotta celebrate an Anniversary right? And what better way than with a smokin' price one of the top luxury cuvees from the great 2008 vintage... only 60 bottles at this price...
95 Points! An elegant Champagne, powered by a sculpted frame of acidity and minerality, this wears the refined, lacy mousse and well-meshed flavors of black currant, lemon curd, toast and marzipan like finely tailored clothing. Fresh and lasting, with hints of spice and smoke on the finish. - Alison Napjus, Wine SpectatorLearn More
- Delamotte Brut Blanc de Blancs Le Mesnil 2008WE93WA93VM93$79.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! The 2008 Delamotte is a deep, resonant Champagne endowed with stunning lays of depth. In 2008 Delamotte has all of the kaleidoscopic, multi-dimensional personality of the vintage, but the full malolactic fermentation softens some of the natural angularity of the year. Pastry, vanillin, baked apple, dried flowers and chamomile are all beautifully sculpted in the glass. This is one of the most accessible young 2008 Champagnes readers will come across, but there is real staying power and more than enough depth to support many years of fine drinking. Dosage is 6.5 grams per liter. - Antonio Galloni, Vinous MediaLearn More
- Philipponnat Extra Brut Cuvee 1522 2008JS94WA94VM92$94.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! The slightly dominant pinot-noir component (58 per cent) is outgunned by chardonnay’s grapefruit and lemons on the nose. Chalky, fresh and zesty, stony minerals here, too. The palate is dry, crisp and even with gently nutty warmth through the restrained, long and compact finish. Excellent. Try in 2020. - Stephan Reinhardt, Wine AdvocateLearn More
- Disznoko Tokaji 5 Puttonyos 2008 500mlJD95WA96NM96$39.98Availability:In Stock96 Points! Tasted at the Disznóko vertical in London, the 2008 Tokaji Aszu 5 Puttonyos is a blend of 70% Furmint, 20% Zéta and 10% Hárslevelu, the maceration mostly with finished wine. This has an exceptional bouquet: Satsuma and mandarin, quince and marmalade, wonderful mineralite and tension. The palate is very well balanced with mandarin, lime, orange rind and a touch of quince. This is edgy, a more unpredictable yet compelling Tokaji from Disznoko with a very long and sustained finish. This comes highly recommended—an outstanding 5 Puttonyos. Tasted September 2016. - Neal Martin, robertparker.comLearn More
- Pol Roger Brut 2008BH92JS94$94.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! Attractive red berries, nectarines and biscuity notes with a hint of spice, too, and a sweet-smelling freshness to it. The palate delivers a very attractive and concentrated array of yellow stone fruit flavors. Smooth and creamy, sorbet-like finish. Drink now or age. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.com
- Pol Roger Brut Blanc de Blancs 2008JS94WA95$117.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! Great elegance and finesse already on the perfectly brilliant and aromatic nose shows Pol Roger's 2008 Blanc de Blancs Brut, displaying white and stewed apples with fine citrus flavors and discreet chalky aromas. The palate is dense and citric, as if limes and lemons are squeezed on a chalky rock. The purity, power and intensity is as remarkable, as is the finesse and persistence of the bubbles, the mousse on the palate and the long, persistent finish. Dosed with seven grams per liter, this extraordinary Blanc de Blanc Brut tastes drier than the Réserve Brut, but reveals a perfect ripeness of yellow fruits. The finish is lovely aromatic and intense, but also clear, fresh, firm and absolutely stimulating. This is a great Blanc de Blancs from the Grand Cru villages of Oiry, Chouilly, Cramant, Avize and Oger. - Stephan Reinhardt, Wine AdvocateLearn More
- Pape Clement Pessac Leognan Rouge 2008JD94WA95VM93$104.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! One of the top successes of the vintage, this blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot and the rest Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot was harvested between October 8 and 24. The late harvest ensured perfect ripeness as evidenced by the sweet bouquet of black cherries, lead pencil shavings, cassis and subtle barbecue smoke. Well-balanced with good acidity, ripe tannins, medium to full body and a layered mouthfeel, this excellent 2008 can be drunk now and over the next 15+ years. - Robert Parker, Wine AdvocateLearn More