Search results for: 'felsina'
- Felsina Vin Santo 2007 375mlJS94WA94+$38.98Availability:In Stock94+ Points! The 2007 Vin Santo del Chianti Classico (375-milliliters) is a gorgeous wine with so many descriptors that apply to the ever-evolving and complex bouquet. This golden dessert wine offers distinct aromas of dried apricot, honey and saffron. But give it a few moments and earthy or autumnal tones of wild mushroom, forest floor and aged cheese also rise to the top. The effect is almost savory and definitely very sophisticated. The wine glides smoothly over the palate with creamy richness and viscous smoothness. - Monica Larner, robertparker.com Learn More
- Felsina Fontalloro 2016JS98WA98+VM96$54.98Availability:In Stock
98 Points! The 2016 Fontalloro is the best vintage of this landmark wine that I have tasted thus far. This is a very elegant vintage, with more volume in the mouth and precise notes of tar, licorice, camphor ash, resin and Indian spice. In a race between the highly competitive 2015 and 2016 vintages, I give a slight advantage to this wine. The warmer 2015 vintage shows more richness and exuberant fruit. However, this wine from 2016 offers a more focused and chiseled delivery. I am hopeful that this wine will continue to evolve and sharpen as it ages in the bottle. This is a beautiful wine to put aside in your cellar for ten years or more. - Monica Larner, robertparker.comLearn More
- Felsina Chianti Classico Riserva Rancia 2016WS95JS96WA96VM96+$44.98Availability:In Stock
96 Points! The 2016 Chianti Classico Riserva Rancia knocks it out of the park. Like the other new releases from Fèlsina, this pure expression of Sangiovese needs more time to evolve and improve with bottle age. But even at this young stage, you are made fully aware of the beautiful intensity and complexity of the quality fruit at its core. There is so much energy and tension here, further reinforced by the fresh acidity of the vintage. There are vibrant tones of wild cherry, raspberry and spice, followed up by white truffle and tilled earth. - Monica Larner, robertparker.comLearn MoreHURRY, ONLY 5 LEFT!
- Felsina Chianti Classico Riserva 2016WS93WA94VM92+$26.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! Streamlined and elegant, this mid-weight red trots out notes of grilled herb and dark fruit nuances that segue to spice, tilled earth and savory tobacco, with great complexity. This 2016 Chianti Classico Riserva Berardenga is still a bit closed and tight, but this beautiful wine boasts all the best qualities of this vintage. It shows elegance and power, two contrasting characteristics that only work well together in the world's most achieved expressions. The most satisfying aspect of this Riserva is the crisp acidity on the close that keeps the palate refreshed and ready for the next sip. - Monica Larner, robertparker.com Learn MoreHURRY, ONLY 8 LEFT!
- Felsina Chianti Classico 2016WS91JS93WA92VM91$22.98Availability:In Stock92+ Points! This is an excellent vintage in Chianti Classico that shows especially well in the simple, more accessible wines such as this. The 2016 Chianti Classico Berardenga delivers the power and density of its territory. The southern side of the appellation often shows the richest expressions of Sangiovese. This wine opens to sweet aromas of dark fruit, cherry and plum. The wine shows a slightly savory side as well with spice and dried terracotta that recalls the gray gravel soils of the region. Bay leaf, cola and chopped mint appear as subtle background notes. - Monica Larner, Wine AdvocateLearn More
- Felsina Chianti Classico Pagliarese 2016JS92VM91$18.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! A rich and juicy Chianti Classico with lots of dark-fruit and walnut-skin character, as well as hints of hazelnuts. Medium to full body, round and velvety tannins and a flavorful finish. Drink or hold. - JamesSuckling.comLearn More
- Felsina Chianti Classico Riserva Rancia 2015WS94JS95WA94VM97$46.98Availability:In Stock97+ Points! If Tuscany had a formal vineyard classification Rancia would be a Grand Cru. And that is exactly what comes through in the 2015 Chianti Classico Riserva Rancia. Silky, sensual and finessed to the core, the 2015 is absolutely stellar. The ripeness of the tannins allows the natural radiance of the year to come through loud and clear. The 2015 is special. Rancia is quite simply one of the world's greatest and most iconic wines. - Antonio Galloni, Vinous MediaLearn More