Search results for: 'Nino Negri Wine Dinner - Prego - November 8, 2013'
- Nino Negri Sfursat della Valtellina 2015WS91$46.98Availability:In Stock91 Points! A beam of ripe and sun-dried cherry fruit flavors is meshed with dense, plush tannins and rich notes of date, smoky mineral and herbes de Provence in this expressive, high-toned red. Medium-bodied and mouthwatering, with a lasting hint of Earl Grey tea on the firm finish. Best from 2019 through 2025. - Wine Spectator Learn More
- Clos Apalta Vertical Dinner @ The Winery Newport Beach$150.00Availability:In Stock
We will be hosting a Clos Apalta dinner at The Winery in Newport beach on September 27th with the guest of honor being the man himself, Charles de Bournet Marnier-Lapostolle. Champagne at 6:30, sit down 7:00, $150+ tax per person all in...This is an ticket-less event. Your purchase will be logged and you may check in with us the night of the event to confirm your reservation. Learn More
3-4 courses we are pouring:
2016 Petit Clos – 1st course
2016 Clos Apalta – 1st course
2015 Clos Apalta – 2nd course
2013 Clos Apalta – 2nd course
2009 Clos Apalta – 3rd course
2005 Clos Apalta – 3rd courseHURRY, ONLY 3 LEFT!
- Paul Hobbs Chardonnay Sonoma Mountain Richard Dinner Vineyard 2017WA96$79.98Availability:In Stock96 Points! The 2016 Chardonnay Richard Dinner Vineyard comes charging out of the glass with super intense grapefruit, green mango, lime leaves and lemon curd scents plus touches of baking bread, coriander seed, crushed rocks and nutmeg. Full-bodied and laden with citrus and tropical fruit layers in the mouth, the palate has wonderful tension and a compelling oiliness to the texture, finishing very long with a mineral kick. - Lisa Perrotti-Brown, robertparker.comLearn More
- Jaffurs Wine Cellars Syrah Thompson Vineyard 2013WA93VM94$39.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! The 2013 Syrah Thompson Vineyard is one of the most expressive wines in the range. Although there are no whole clusters here, the Thompson is endowed with soaring aromatic presence. Sweet floral notes and silky tannins give the wine much of its considerable early appeal. The bright red-toned flavors are really popping today. This is all class.
- Castello Di Ama Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Bellavista 2013 MagnumJS94WA95VM94$449.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! The superb 2013 Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Vigneto Bellavista shows impeccable balance and offers a classic portrait of Sangiovese (with a small part Malvasia Nera). Castello di Ama has a beautifully unique way of interpreting the potential of the Chianti Classico appellation and this wine is a prime example. The bouquet follows classic lines with wild berry and spice, but Vigneto Bellavista also boasts a wild side with some cured meat and animal-like aromas that suit it very well. The mouthfeel is polished and streamlined, but those dark fruit flavors should flesh out with more bottle aging. - Monica Larner, Wine Advocate #228Learn More
- Castello Di Ama Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Bellavista 2013WA95VM94$179.98Availability:In Stock94+ Points! Black cherry, plum, graphite, smoke, dried Mediterranean and crushed rocks are front and center in the 2013 Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Vigneto Bellavista. Searing tannins give the 2013 much of its energy and vibrancy. A dark, brooding yet austere, mid-weight wine in the best of the Bellavista tradition, the 2013 is going to need at least a few years to come into its own. Today, the 2013 Bellavista is especially forbidding. It won't be ready to drink for a good handful of years, and even that may be optimistic.
- Fratelli Alessandria Barolo Gramolere 2013WS93WA94VM94$54.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! The 2013 Barolo Gramolere is the most linear and taut of these 2013 Barolos from Alessandria. Chalk, white pepper, mint and sweet red toned fruit give the wine its brightness. Intensely saline and sculpted, the 2013 plays off a real sense of energy and drive. It, too, needs plenty of time in bottle to be at its very best. Today, the 2013 pulses with energy, but the best is yet to come. Vittore Alessandria is naturally most often associated with Barolos from Verduno, his home town, but the Gramolere, from an estate vineyard in Monforte, is often one of the better wines in the range, as it is once again in 2013. - Antonio Galloni, Vinous MediaLearn MoreHURRY, ONLY 11 LEFT!
- K Vintners Syrah The Beautiful 2013WS91WA95VM94$54.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! Coming all from the River Rock vineyard in 2013 (It normally has a small amount from another site), the 2013 Syrah The Beautiful is a complete, medium to full-bodied, seamless and perfectly balanced Syrah that lives up to its name. Giving up lots of blackberry, licorice, wet herbs and olive aromas and flavors, I love its overall focus, tension and purity, and it certainly doesn’t lack for length. Give bottle 2-3 years in the cellar and enjoy through 2028. These latest releases from Charles Smith check in at the top of the pyramid and are flat out incredible wines that I wish every reader could taste. Readers should also check out the new label, Wines of Substance, which are also included in this report. Going forward, the K Vintners label will be for the Rhone inspired blends, and all Bordeaux blends will be moved to the Wines of Substance label. - Jeb Dunnuck RobertParker.com May 22, 2016
- Sans Liege GSM The Offering 2013 Holiday Gift BoxPlease proceed to checkout to reveal our lowest price.Special Price $184.98Availability:In Stock4pk Journeyman/Offering wooden gift boxes. The Offering is a GSM blend and the Journeyman wines are the Offering deconstructed-100% Grenache, 100% Syrah and 100% Mourvèdre. Drink them all separately, replicate The Offering blend, or create your own blend.Learn More
Engraved 4 bottle crate
250mL Graduated Cylinder for blending
1 Bottle - 2013 Fool’s Errand (Grenache)
1 Bottle - 2013 Long Way Home (Syrah) WA 90pts
1 Bottle - 2013 Take the Pebble (Mourvèdre) WA 92pts
1 Bottle - 2013 Offering (GSM) WA 91 pts
Sheet with tasting & tech notes
Letter from winemaker on double sided silver stock with suggestions on ways to use the kit
- Castellare di Castellina I Sodi Di San Niccolo Toscana 2013JS95WA96VM95$64.98Availability:In Stock96 Points! The 2013 I Sodi di S. Niccolò is 85% Sangioveto (a more antique name for Sangiovese) and 15% Malvasia Nera from a single vineyard. This wine opens to a darkly saturated appearance and shows ruby, garnet and purple highlights. The bouquet is powerful but seamless at the same time with smooth transitions between dark cherry, spice, tobacco and moist clay. In the mouth, this wine shows dense extraction, but it never feels too weighed down by that mass. Instead, the freshness of the fruit and the natural acidity give the wine a bright and buoyant personality. Aged in barrique for 30 months, this is a delightful Tuscan red. - Monica Larner, Wine Advocate
- Climens Barsac 2013 Wine Spectator Top 100 2016 #4WS97$89.98Availability:In Stock97 Points! There's loads here, with apricot, nectarine and clementine flavors stitched with a racy orange zest note to give energy, while tropical papaya and mango flavors add a sublimely creamy edge. The finish sails on and on, coating the palate with a porcelain feel, while an echo of bitter almond lingers effortlessly, like a lace curtain hanging on an endless breeze. Stunning. Best from 2018 through 2043. 1,417 cases made. James Molesworth, Wine Spectator Magazine, March 31, 2016, Wine Spectator Top 100 2016 #4Learn More
- Morlet Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Mon Chevalier 2013WA95VM96$174.98Availability:In Stock96 Points! The 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Mon Chevalier is one of the best wines of the year at Morlet. Ripe, exuberant and richly layered in the glass, the 2013 possesses nearly extravagant richness. This is an especially opulent style for Knights Valley. Some of the more savory notes typical of the appellation are hidden by the lushness of the fruit, but the pedigree and personality of this site can't be denied.
- Bruce Patch Wines Zinfandel Clopton Old Vine Russian River Valley 2013$34.98Availability:In Stock
Only 48 cases produced. Produced from vines planted in the late 1800s, this field blend contains zinfandel & alicante bouchet. 24 months in American oak. Unfortunately, the vineyard has since been ripped out, the last legend and the end of an era....
- Bruce Patch Wines Zinfandel Harris-Kratka Alexander Valley 2013$34.98Availability:In Stock
- Parusso Barolo Mariondino 2013JS94WA94VM94$54.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! The 2013 Barolo Mariondino is a large-scale Barolo with broad shoulders and a deep footprint. The wine opens carefully to dark fruit, spice, leather and moist chewing tobacco. The aromas are savory, penetrating and thick. This Barolo offers substantial textural richness and a firm tannic punch that makes it way too young to approach now. The wine is macerated on the skins and stems. Only prolonged cellar aging will break down the firm inner core it displays now. - Monica Larner, Wine AdvocateLearn More
- Villa Creek Mourvedre Damas Noir 2013WA94VM92Please proceed to checkout to reveal our lowest price.Special Price $49.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! A wine that readers need to hide in the cellar for 2-3 years is the 2013 Damas Noir, which is a smokin' wine made from 100% Mourvedre, fermented with, of course, 100% whole clusters. Brought up in neutral oak, this medium to full-bodied, concentrated 2013 has tons of spice, bloody meats, stem and mulled dark fruit-like aromas and flavors, as well as a structured, tannic finish. It's loaded with potential. - Jeb Dunnuck, Wine Advocate #226, August 2016Learn More
- Vega Sicilia Ribera del Duero Valbuena 5o 2013WS92WA94$149.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! Cropped from an unusually cold and rainy vintage in which they will not bottle Único, the 2013 Valbuena is always released in its fifth year. It's mostly Tempranillo with 5% Merlot that was put through a three- to four-day cold soak in the oak vats where it fermented with indigenous yeasts and was pumped over. It matured in new and used 225-liter French and American oak barriques and also in 20,000-liter oak vats, where the larger vessels respect the fruit, especially in a more fragile vintage like 2013. It's a very elegant and fresh Valbuena with a developed nose, quite classical with a fine texture, elegant tannins and a supple, long finish where the oak is still quite obvious. I liked it very much and consider it a triumph over the challenges of the year. - Luis Gutierrez, Wine AdvocateLearn More
- Penfolds Grange 2013WA100$749.98Availability:In Stock100 Points! Remember that old Heinz Ketchup “anticipation” ad from the 1970s? The palate of this 2013 Grange does just that. It makes you wait with so much delicious promise being drip fed into the mouth at first—and then it bursts forth and delivers!This vintage is a blend of 96% Shiraz and 4% Cabernet Sauvignon, coming from the Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale, Coonawarra and Magill Estate. Very deep inky purple-black colored, the 2013 Grange has a profoundly scented nose of crème de cassis, preserved black plums, blueberry pie and licorice over nuances of baker’s chocolate, smoky bacon and fragrant earth, plus exotic spice wafts of cumin seed, cardamom, fenugreek and star anise. Unfurling and slowly building in the medium to full-bodied mouth with wonderful grace and depth, it reveals an incredible array of ripe black fruit, spice, meat and earth-inspired flavors, with a rock-solid frame to support this beauty (it should easily cellar for 40+ years!), while previously latent flavors emerge fully on the epically long finish, culminating in that ultimate Grange experience. Oh, yes. - Lisa Perrotti-Brown, Wine Advocate
- Fiorenzo Nada Barbaresco Montaribaldi 2013VM96$48.98Availability:In Stock96 Points! An addition to the range, the 2013 Barbaresco Montaribaldi is magnificent. Dark spices, lavender, sage, menthol and dark cherries are front and center. Large-scaled, ample and super-expressive, the Montaribaldi captures the power and intensity of this site. Sweet mentholated notes round out the finish. What a gorgeous wine this is. The 2013 spent two full years in cask. It needs time to shed some tannin, but it is fabulous even at this early stage. Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media, October 2016Learn More
- Inglenook Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2013JS93VM95$69.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! The 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon is exquisitely layered and nuanced, yet also captures plenty of the vintage's intensity and pure power. Inky dark fruit, licorice, dark spices, menthol and new leather are all laced together in a super attractive, mid-weight wine loaded with nuance and personality. With time in the glass, the 2013 blossoms nicely and acquires more savory, cedar, tobacco and underbrush notes. Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media, October 2015Learn More