Search results for: 'J. J. Prum Riesling Kabinett Wehlener Sonnenuhr 2016'
- Markus Molitor Riesling Auslese *** Wehlener Sonnenuhr Weisse Kapsel 2015WA99$99.98Availability:In Stock99+ Points! Pure and flinty, with perfectly ripe stone fruit aromas that are seamlessly intertwined with the flavors of crushing stones, the 2015 Riesling Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese *** (White Capsule) is powerful, rich and incredibly juicy on the palate but, at the same time, pure, finessed and crystalline. This is a highly complex and salty, endlessly juicy and stony Riesling of great precision and salinity. The finish is long and stimulatingly salty, very rich and powerful and still marked by its yeasty texture. Fermented and aged in 3,100-liter barrel from Stockinger. Bottled in September. Stephan Reinhardt, The Wine Advocate #230, April 2017Learn More
- Selbach Oster Riesling Kabinett Zeltinger Sonnenuhr 2017WS91WA94$21.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! The 2017 Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett is bright in color and flavors—it's very elegant and subtle on the deep, refined and aromatically discreet nose. Salty-piquant, vibrantly fresh and even racy on the palate, this is a juicy, intense, very complex, straight and crystalline Riesling with a seemingly coolish character but a warm and wide soul. The finish is piquant, fresh and salty, with the tension of iron. This is still young but already very attractive. Tasted in March 2019. - Stephan Reinhardt, robertparker.com Learn More
- Karp Schreiber Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett 2015$12.98Availability:In Stock
- Markus Molitor Riesling Auslese *** Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Grune Kapsel 2016WA99$89.98Availability:In Stock99 Points! From over 100-year-old vines and fermented in an eight-year-old 2,000-liter Stockinger vat and 15% in small oak barrels, the 2016 Riesling Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Auslese *** (Green Capsule) offers a deep and concentrated, terribly fresh and oaky nose. Round and lush on the palate, this is a very elegant, intense and refined Sonnenuhr with super lush fruit, very fine tannins and ripe acidity. Molitor is extremely proud of all his Sonnenuhr bottlings, but they demand a much longer period of bottle aging. The richness (which is still elegant and fine) and the oak flavors (which are discreet but present) will surely integrate, so the wine has huge potential. Bottled in September 2017; tasted March 2018. - Stephan Reinhardt, Wine AdvocateLearn More
- Markus Molitor Riesling Auslese ** Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Goldkapsel 2016WA97$49.98Availability:In Stock97 Points! Molitor and Mosel fans shouldn't miss the chance to buy at least a case of the 2016 Riesling Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Auslese ** (Golden Capsule)—one of the five different Auslesen Markus Molitor selected in his most important grand cru. The sweet two-starred Auslese comes from the Schiesswingert and the Fliegenberg. It opens with a deep, clear, very fine and complex bouquet of perfectly ripe Riesling berries with very fine botrytis flavors and refreshing flinty notes from the fine slate of the Sonnenuhr. Lush and generous on the palate, with a perfectly ripe and concentrated Riesling fruit, very fine minerals and crunchy slate flavors, this is an exciting Auslese of great finesse and elegance. The finish is delicate but tensioned thanks to the crunchy-salty slate sensation that gives structure as well as finesse and energy. Bottled in September 2017; tasted March 2018.- Stephan Reinhardt, Wine AdvocateLearn More
- Markus Molitor Riesling Auslese ** Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Weisse Kapsel 2016WA98$49.98Availability:In Stock98 Points! The 2016 Riesling Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Auslese ** (White Capsule) is a different style of Mosel Riesling compared to the other 2016 Auslesen. Fermented in different oak vats, from barrique size to 3,000-liter vats (including one big Stockinger vat that was new), this is clear, ripe and complex on the nose, with toasty as well as smoky-mineral notes framing the perfectly ripe and elegant stone fruit aromas. Full-bodied, round and complex, with gorgeous sweetness and mind-blowing silkiness and balance, this is a rich yet fine, elegant, highly complex and persistent Auslese from Markus's most important single vineyard. The 2016 is concentrated yet very clear and elegant, revealing very fine tannins and a very long, complex finish. It already drinks with great wonder, and this wine will even gain more complexity though it's already hard to resist. - Stephan Reinhardt, Wine Advocate
- Richter Riesling Spatlese Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr 2016WA96$26.98Availability:Out of Stock96 Points! Picked with 10% of botrytis, the 2016 Brauneberger Juffer-Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese is beautifully pure, precise and fine on the nose. Silky, lush and very pleasant on the palate, this is a salty-piquant and nicely racy Spätlese of remarkable finesse and elegance. The finish is enormously salty, pure and piquant, and the sweetness of 90+ grams per liter is swallowed by the mineral freshness. This is another extraordinary Richter Spätlese from 2016. - Stephan Reinhardt, Wine Advocate
- St Nikolaus Hospital Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr Riesling Spatlese 2015Special Price $14.98 Regular Price $24.98Availability:Out of Stock
This is just a straight giveaway on a Spätlese wine from one of the Mosel's undisputed Grand Crus...simply brilliant Riesling...
The vineyard? Maybe the tiny ‘Grand Cru’ Brauneberger Juffer-Sonnenuhr isn’t quite as well known to the broad market as the larger, more heavily marketed Wehlener Sonnenuhr, Graacher Himmelreich or Bernkasteler Doctor sites. But among those tuned in to great Mosel vineyards, Brauneberger Juffer-Sonnenuhr is one of the great ones. We have come to appreciate the vineyard a lot over the last three decades as we have been presented multiple striking examples from the likes of Mosel luminaries Fritz Haag and Schloss Lieser.
The St Nikolaus Hospital Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr Riesling Spatlese 2015 is a more centered wine that shows a more direct, pronounced element of peach and pear, with a little hint of apricot possibly as a result of a greater must weight. The sweetness level seems slightly more overt out of the gate and the palate is more concise.Learn More
- Karp Schreiber Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr Riesling Spatlese 2015$19.98Availability:In StockThe Karp Schreiber Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr Riesling Spatlese 2015 shows a more delicate, filigreed profile, with whiffs of slatey minerality to the peach and pear fruit, a livelier, more active mid-palate and an airier finish of spice and slate. It is a bit higher pitched on the palate with a more evident mineral element.Learn More
- Fritz Haag Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese GKA #09 2016 375mlWS94VM93$37.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! This represents a botrytis selection accomplished a day or two ahead of picking what remained in the same parcel for the “regular” Auslese A.P. #6. Subtle, nobly fungal notes on the nose unmistakably signal botrytis. Arrayed with those are heady aromas of mango, pear s, quince preserves and candied grapefruit peel. The palate is delicate and creamy, crammed with confitured and confectionary fruit, leading to a lusciously lingering, unctuously clinging finish that manages somehow to let through some stony and smoky hints. (375 ml.) - David Schildknecht, Vinous Media
- Richter Riesling Kabinett Elisenberger 2016WA93$18.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! From another tributary of the Mosel, the 2016 Elisenberger Riesling Kabinett is from slate soils rich in quartzite. The wine opens with clean and flinty but also ripe and concentrated fruit on the nose, intermixed with crunchy slate flavors. Lush, piquant, very salty and stunningly pure and fresh, this is a very fine, elegant and unique Mosel Riesling that has a bit of the precision and mineral character of an Eiswein. The grapes are picked seven to ten days later than the Himmelreich Kabinett, and the acidity is super clear and precise, cutting through the concentrated fruit like a laser sword. This is a very promising Kabinett, perhaps the finest of the 2016 vintage chez MFR. Tasted in March 2018. - Stephan Reinhardt, Wine Advocate
- Dr. Hermann Riesling Kabinett Urziger Würzgarten Mosel 2017WA94$19.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! The 2017 Ürziger Würzgarten Riesling Kabinett is from old vines on the upper part of the cru, where the plants root in volcanic sandstone soils and benefit from a slower ripening. It offers generously aromatic tropical fruit that reminds me a bit of the Erdener Prälat in its warm and concentrated fruit flavor. Very elegant, lush and piquant, with fascinating vibrancy and lingering salinity, this is a gorgeous and complex Kabinett with 8% alcohol and 50.6 grams per liter of residual sugar. Lush and gorgeous! - Stephan Reinhardt, robertparker.com Learn More
- Dr. Hermann Riesling Kabinett Erdener Treppchen Mosel #6 2017WA94$24.98Availability:Out of Stock94 Points! Picked in the last week of September and vinified in a classic fuder, the 2017 Erdener Treppchen Riesling Kabinett –6– is a clear, fresh, ripe and flinty Riesling with racy acidity and a piquant, lush finish. The finish is so salty, piquant and stimulating, even though the lush sweetness is a bit too high for my personal taste. In any case, this is a serious and tensioned Kabinett with a long, complex finish. - Stephan Reinhardt, robertparker.com Learn More
- Monchhof Riesling Kabinett Urzig Wurzgarten 2016WE92$17.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Juicy squirts of tropical pineapple, melon and tangerine burst from nose to finish in this zesty spry kabinett. While light in body and delicately textured, there's a honeyed heft on the midpalate off set by dazzling streaks acidity and crystalline minerality. - Wine Enthusiast Learn More
- Fritz Haag Brauneberger Riesling Kabinett 2016JS91VM92$24.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! A faintly cheesy fermentative overlay lifts with aeration to reveal ripe apple, honeydew and quince. Buoyant, silken-textured and generously, lusciously fruity, the palate features a judicious measure of entirely supportive sweetness and an influx of fresh grapefruit and lime that lend delightful animation and eventual refreshment. A hint of almond paste on the finish reinforces the sense of ripe melon and northern orchard fruits, but the wine’s citricity and undertone of wet stone never let up. This clings both soothingly and stimulatingly – an impeccable example of its genre (and one that entirely eclipses its rather inexplicably weak vintage 2015 predecessor). Calling it “super clean and clear,” Oliver Haag predicted that this Kabinett will be a fine ager, and I concur on all counts, other than the need for the nose to shed its slight funk, which will happen within a couple of years. - David Schildknecht, Vinous Media
- Dr. Hermann Riesling Kabinett Piesporter Goldtropfchen Mosel 2017WA93$24.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! The 2017 Piesporter Goldtröpfchen Riesling Kabinett is clear, precise, herbal and flinty but also ripe and generous on the nose. It is lush and piquant on the palate yet cooler than the Würzgarten. This is a refined, elegant, fresh and firmly structured Riesling with grip and tension and a rather quiet nature. Bottled with 50 grams per liter of residual sugar and 8.5 grams per liter of acidity. Tasted in March 2019. - Stephan Reinhardt, robertparker.com Learn More
- Schlossgut Diel Riesling Kabinett Dorsheimer Goldloch 2014WA90Special Price $25.98 Regular Price $36.00Availability:In Stock90 Points! Bright fruit flavors with orange peel aromas opens the 2014 Dorsheim Goldloch Riesling Kabinett. This is a light and very racy Riesling with a great piquancy and enormous juiciness. This wine was fermented in Stückfass, but it is, nevertheless, a rather very reductive style. - Stephan Reinhardt, eRobertParker.com #223Learn More
- Willi Schaefer Riesling Kabinett Graacher Himmelreich Mosel 2017JS95$29.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! Amazingly concentrated for a Kabinett, but it is also cool and finely nuanced with an entire spectrum of fruit and herbal notes. Hints of smoke and flint, too. The crystalline clarity of the long finish is literally breathtaking. Drink or hold. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.com
- Clemens Busch Riesling Kabinett Pundericher 2015VM91$19.98Availability:In Stock91 Points! At only 7.5 percent alcohol, it goes without saying that this bottling is prominently sweet, though that sweetness doesn’t come off as syrupy. On the contrary, there is a delightfully bright fresh juiciness of lime and white currant, while the sweetness is appropriate to a simultaneous, harmoniously integrated expression of candied and confitured citrus and berry, as well as to a hint of quince jelly that is allied with glycerol slick. The finish is gushingly intense and lusciously juicy although entirely fruit-dominated and to that extent not enormously complex. But I would not be surprised to witness some interesting counterpoint emerging with bottle age. (There is no corresponding generic Busch Kabinett this year.)