Search results for: 'Chardonnay'
- Ramey Chardonnay Russian River Valley 2016WS91WE95JD93WA91VM91$35.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! This is a great appellation wine, overdelivering on price with an opening touch of matchstick that evolves into a stony, high-toned expression of tangerine and blood orange. Within the fruit are savory notes of nutmeg, hazelnut and ginger that linger leisurely on the lengthy finish. - Wine Enthusiast Learn More
- Hartford Court Chardonnay Russian River Valley 2017JD94VM91$24.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! The largest production cuvée from Hartford Court is their 2017 Chardonnay Russian River Valley. Its medium gold color is followed by a rounded, supple, textured Chardonnay that has classic notes of pineapple, white flowers, honeysuckle, and toasted spice. Rounded, fleshy, and textured on the palate, with plenty of oomph, it shows the quality of this estate beautifully. - Jeb Dunnuck, jebdunnuck.com Learn More
- Walter Hansel Winery Chardonnay Cuvee Alyce 2015WA94VM93$34.98Availability:In Stock94+ Points! The 2015 Chardonnay Cuvee Alyce features lovely lemon curd, pink grapefruit and underripe pineapple with touches of toasted almonds, fresh ginger and honey toast. Medium-bodied and super intense in the mouth, it has a racy line cutting through the electrically charged fruit, finishing very long and minerally. - Lisa Perrotti-Brown, Wine AdvocateLearn More
- Domaine Eden Chardonnay Santa Cruz Mountains 2014JD92$29.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Showing a deep gold color, the 2014 Chardonnay (57% declassified Mount Eden Fruit, aged 10 months in 35% new barrels) offers lots of orchard fruits and buttered citrus, terrific minerality and reductive notes, medium-bodied richness and a silky texture. It has bright acidity, and while it doesn't quite have the balance and finesse of the Mount Eden Chardonnay releases, it is a terrific Chardonnay. - Jeb Dunnuck, jebdunnuck.comLearn More
- Lucia Chardonnay Soberanes Vineyard 2015JD95$64.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! Coming from the rockiest part of the vineyard, the 2015 Chardonnay Soberanes Vineyard sees all native fermentations and roughly 50% new oak (a small portion was done in a second-fill foudre). This gorgeous Chardonnay offers classic stone fruits, hints of pineapple, brioche and white flowers. Elegant, layered, and impeccably balanced on the palate, this is a sensational Chardonnay to drink over the coming 4-6 years. Jeb Dunnuck, July 18, 2017Learn More
- The Hilt Chardonnay The Old Guard 2014WA93VM94$49.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! The 2014 Chardonnay Old Guard is the most relaxed and open of these wines. Orchard fruit and sweet floral notes are front and center, but it is the wine's crystalline purity and overall finesse that stand out most. In 2014, the Old Guard is pure class and pedigree. Vineyard sites are Sanford & Benedict, Solomon Hills and Radian.
- Patz & Hall Chardonnay Dutton Ranch Russian River Valley 2016JD95$34.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! The 2016 Chardonnay Dutton Ranch offers more honeyed citrus, orchard fruits, pineapple, and floral notes, with a gorgeous minerality developing with time in the glass. Medium-bodied, vibrant and fresh, with good acidity and building richness, it's classic all the way and a thrilling Chardonnay from this estate. - Jeb Dunnuck, jebdunnuck.com Learn More
- AXR Chardonnay Napa Valley 2015JD94JS93$32.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! The 2015 Chardonnay is brilliant and packs serious amounts of fruit and texture while staying fresh, pure and elegant. Buttered citrus, marmalade, hints of brioche and white flower nuances all flow to a medium to full-bodied, opulent Chardonnay that has good acidity and a great finish. It has nicely integrated acidity, as well as good concentration, and is going to evolve nicely for 8-9 years. - Jeb Dunnuck, jebdunnuck.com Learn More
- Trail Marker Chardonnay Quink Vineyard Santa Cruz Mountains 2017VM93$29.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! A new wine in this range, the 2017 Chardonnay Quink Vineyard is bright, fresh and wonderfully nuanced, with lovely floral notes that add energy throughout. Lemon peel, almond, white flowers and mint are all finely knit in this very pretty, understated Chardonnay. Next to the Chapel Hill, the Quink has a bit more freshness and overall verve. - Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media Learn More
- Melville Chardonnay Sta. Rita Hills Estate 2016VM92$27.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! The 2016 Chardonnay Estate (Sta. Rita Hills) is a gorgeous wine built on freshness and cut. Expressive floral notes add shades of nuance to this super-expressive, complex Chardonnay from Melville. The 2016 is the first vintage made by Chad Melville, and it shows a preference towards a less reductive style that characterized the wines during Greg Brewer's tenure. - Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media Learn More
- Stonestreet Chardonnay Upper Barn Vineyard Sonoma County 2016JD96WA97+$99.98Availability:In Stock97+ Points! The 2016 Chardonnay Upper Barn Vineyard comes from the oldest vines on the estate, planted in 1982. Fermented in barrel and aged for 11 months in 47% new French oak, it is a little closed to begin, slowly unfurling to reveal pink grapefruit, white peaches and Granny Smith apples with nuances of honeysuckle, lemon tart and praline. Medium to full-bodied, it explodes in the mouth with citrus and savory layers, with a gorgeous silkiness and loads of ginger and mineral sparks coming through on the finish. Wow! 813 cases produced. - Lisa Perrotti-Brown, robertparker.com Learn More
- Peake Ranch Chardonnay Santa Maria Valley Sierra Madre Vineyard 2016JD95VM93$44.98Availability:In Stock95 Points! From a site in the Santa Maria Valley brought up in 22% new French oak, the 2016 Chardonnay Sierra Madre Vineyard offers more minerality as well as an obvious salinity in its orchard fruits, crushed rocks, poached pear, and spice-driven aromas and flavors. Deep, rich, and medium to full-bodied, it’s certainly another brilliant Chardonnay from this estate. - Jeb DunnuckLearn More
- Cotiere Chardonnay Talley Rincon Vineyard 2015JD93VM93$34.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! The 2015 Chardonnay Talley Rincon Vineyard is bright, focused and sculpted. Orchard fruit and floral notes abound in this delineated, classy Chardonnay from Brian Talley's vineyard in Arroyo Grande. This is a terrific showing from Côtière and proprietor Kevin Law.
- Hartford Court Chardonnay Russian River Valley 2017JD94VM93$24.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! The largest production cuvée from Hartford Court is their 2017 Chardonnay Russian River Valley. Its medium gold color is followed by a rounded, supple, textured Chardonnay that has classic notes of pineapple, white flowers, honeysuckle, and toasted spice. Rounded, fleshy, and textured on the palate, with plenty of oomph, it shows the quality of this estate beautifully. - Jeb Dunnuck, jebdunnuck.comPaul Hobbs Chardonnay Crossbarn Sonoma Coast 2017WE90WA91VM91$22.98Availability:In Stock91 Points! The 2017 Chardonnay opens with exuberant green guava, warm peaches and pineapple notions with touches of almond croissant and acacia honey. Medium to full-bodied, the concentrated palate is packed with tropical and stone fruit flavors with a pleasant oiliness to the texture and a long savory finish. - Lisa Perrotti-Brown, Wine AdvovateLearn MoreKrutz Magnolia Chardonnay Inspiration Vineyard Russian River 2015$17.98Availability:In StockWinery notes: Light to medium golden yellow in color. Aromatics of golden delicious apple, apricot and pineapple. The palate is viscous and supple with a great texture further lending to tropical fruit, apple and lemon zest. This wine is held together with bright acid with the perfect amount of body and structure from a touch of new French oak. Jon Phillips cultivates 6 acres of Chardonnay at his estate located on the east side of Olivet Road in the Russian River Valley. The vineyard enjoys warm days followed by cool nights, which naturally develops and maintains great acidity in grapes. This is the second vintage we have sourced from this vineyard for our Magnolia Series Chardonnay. Learn MoreSixto Wines Chardonnay Frenchman Hills Vineyard 2015JD93WA93VM92$34.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! The 2015 Chardonnay Frenchman Hills Vineyard is very attractive, wafting from the glass with notes of buttered yellow orchard fruit, honeycomb, subtle spice and struck match. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, glossy and ample, with bright acids, lovely grip and tension and a chalky, flavorful finish. It's a very compelling Washington State Chardonnay. - William KelleyLearn MoreAlpha Omega Chardonnay Napa Valley 2014 375ml Half BottleWS91JD90JS92Special Price $19.98 Regular Price $40.00Availability:In StockOnly $19.98 at checkout! 92 Points! Very pretty cooked apple and pear aromas with hints of meringue follow through to a full body, hints of vanilla cream and pie. Finishes lightly oily and delicious. Bigger style. Drink or hold. - James Suckling, jamessuckling.comLearn MoreRamey Chardonnay Woolsey Road Vineyard 2014WS90WA93VM94$54.98Availability:In Stock94 Points! The 2014 Chardonnay Woolsey Road Vineyard is a powerful, intense wine with real phenolic intensity. This is an especially rich, deep and layered wine with exquisite finesse and pedigree. Readers should be prepared to cellar the 2014 for at least a few years. This is a special Chardonnay in the making. - Antonio Galloni, Vinous MediaFoxen Chardonnay Block UU Bien Nacido Vineyard Santa Maria Valley 2016$27.98Availability:Out of Stock94 Points! The 2016 Chardonnay Bien Nacido Block UU comes from a great vineyard located just east of the town of Santa Maria and was brought up in 20% new French oak. A classic Bien Nacido bouquet of honeyed orchard fruits, crushed rocks, oyster shells, and white flowers flow to a rich, beautifully textured, concentrated Chardonnay that has everything you could want from this variety. With terrific balance, nicely integrated acidity, and a great finish, it's brilliant stuff that should evolve gracefully for 5-7 years - Jeb DunnuckLearn More