Search results for: 'Chablis'
- Samuel Billaud Chablis 1er Cru Sechets Vieilles Vignes 2017WA92-94NM92-94VM92-94$44.98Availability:In Stock
92-94 Points! The 2017 Chablis Séchet 1er Cru comes from 70-year old vines that sees no wood contact. It has a classic Chablis nose of flint and smoke though, it takes a little coaxing from the glass. The palate is very well balanced with a twist of bitter lemon on the entry, focused and full of tension with a brisk, quite intense citrus finish that feels very persistent. This has great potential. - Neal Martin, Vinous MediaLearn More
- Samuel Billaud Chablis 1er Cru Sechets Vieilles Vignes 2016WA93NM93VM93$39.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! The 2016 Chablis 1er Cru Séchet is showing very well from bottle, unfurling in the glass with classy aromas of lemon oil, dried white flowers and oatmeal. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, glossy and deep, with superb concentration and chewy extract, framed by tangy acids. It's taut, pure and very classic in profile, and to my palate it's the finest of Billaud's 2016 premiers crus. - William Kelley, robertparker.comLearn More
- Moreau Naudet Chablis 2016$26.98Availability:In StockThe 2016 Chablis Village is simultaneously purer and more exotic than the Petit Chablis that preceded it, bursting with aromas of musky peach, ripe apples and flowers. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, ample and textural, with a glossy attack but good underlying acidity. Like many 2016s, it will drink well in the near term. - William Kelley, robertparker.comLearn More
- Samuel Billaud Chablis 1er Cru Mont de Milieu 2017WA93+$44.99Availability:In Stock93+ Points! The 2017 Chablis 1er Cru Mont de Milieu confirms its strong showing last year, unwinding in the glass with aromas of peach, grapefruit and honeycomb, with some subtle musky floral tones waiting in the wings that I suspect will become more prominent with time. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, concentrated and gourmand, with racy acids and a long, saline finish. Billaud tells me that this was cropped at less than 20 hectoliters per hectare, and that shows. - William Kelley, robertparker.com Learn More
- Samuel Billaud Chablis Les Grands Terroirs 2017WA90$22.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Aromas of citrus blossom, fresh peach and green apple introduce the 2017 Chablis Les Grandes Terroirs, a medium to full-bodied, satiny and layered wine that's fleshy, fragrant and floral, with a lively but open-knit profile. Simon tells me that the usual blend of Les Parges, Chapelot and Les Cartes contains les Chapelot than usual due to the year's frosts. - William Kelley, robertparker.com Learn More
- Jean Collet et Fils Chablis 2017WA90$25.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Revisited a year later, Collet's 2017 Chablis is bursting with aromas of fresh peach, honeyed citrus fruit and white flowers, followed by a medium to full-bodied, elegantly textural palate with a bright but open-knit, charming profile and a saline finish. It's already showing well. - William Kelley, robertparker.com Learn More
- Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis 1er Cru Vaulorent 2017JS91WA90-92VM90-92$44.98Availability:In Stock91 Points! A deeper golden color developing here. This has a very ripe and rich feel with plenty of concentrated peaches and lemons. Mangoes join in on the fleshy, smooth palate. Drink now. - JamesSuckling.com Learn More
- Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis Sainte Claire 2018JS90$21.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Lemon and lime aromas here with crushed stones and chalky notes, too. The palate has a very taut feel with succulent grapefruit and orange flavors. Drink or hold. - JamesSuckling.com Learn More
- Pattes Loup Chablis 2017WA92$39.98Availability:In Stock92 Points! Pico's 2017 Chablis Vente d'Ange wafts from the glass with aromas of fresh apple, white flowers and marzipan, followed by a medium to full-bodied, broad and satiny palate that's racy but enveloping, with superb cut and definition despite its comparatively broad shoulders and textural profile. - William Kelley, robertparker.com Learn MoreHURRY, ONLY 7 LEFT!
- Schaller Chablis 1er Cru Vau de Vey 2017WA90$29.98Availability:In Stock90 Points! Unwinding in the glass with aromas of citrus blossom, Meyer lemon and wheat toast, the 2017 Chablis 1er Cru Vau de Vey is medium to full-bodied, pretty and precise, with a fragrant core of fruit, racy acids and a saline, delicately wood-inflected finish. - William Kelley, robertparker.com Learn More
- Christian Moreau Chablis 1er Cru Vaillon 2017BH89-92WA91NM91-93VM91-93$49.98Availability:In Stock91-93 Points! The 2017 Chablis Vaillons 1er Cru is 40% fermented in barrel that was blended with tank wine two weeks previously. The bouquet is a little muted at the moment, possibly from the recent blending however, the palate is very promising with a killer line of acidity that lends so much tension, almost to the point of shrillness (but avoiding that – the pH is 3.19 for those interested). This just revives the senses and there is wonderful salinity on the aftertaste. Superb. - Neal Martin, Vinous media Learn More
- Domaine des Hates Chablis 1er Cru Homme Mort 2016$34.98Availability:In StockA new star! The domain farms 2.7 acres in this subsection of Fourchaume, a top Premier Cru vineyard noted for growing on similar contours as the Grand Crus above the right bank of the Serein. Pierrick's vines average 30 years. Learn More
- Dauvissat-Camus Chablis 1er Cru La Forest 2013VM93$99.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! Bright, pale yellow. Less fruity and exotic than the Montée de Tonnerre, hinting at oyster shell on the nose. Sappy, chewy and concentrated but quite dry; distinctly more stony and mineral than the Montée de Tonnerre and every bit as long. This struck me as like a mini-Clos. An outstanding and ageworthy 2013 but it's not especially austere today. - Stephen Tanzer, Vinous Media Learn More
- Pattes Loup (Thomas Pico) Chablis Vent d'Ange 2016$44.98Availability:In Stock
- Pattes Loup (Thomas Pico) Chablis 1er Cru Butteaux Mise Tradive 2015WA96$74.98Availability:In Stock96 Points! From bottle, the 2015 Chablis 1er Cru Butteaux Mise Tardive has realized all the promise it displayed during its lengthy élevage. Unfurling in the glass with aromas of pear, wheat toast, fresh pastry, wet stones, confit citrus and a light touch of reduction, it's full-bodied, satiny and enveloping, with a deep, multidimensional core, racy acids and an immensely long finish. This is a singular wine that ranks as one of Thomas Pico's finest achievements to date. - William Kelley, robertparker.com Learn More
- Jean-Paul and Benoit Droin Chablis 2017$24.98Availability:In Stock
The 2017 Chablis, due to be bottled in September, has a tightly wound, slightly chalky bouquet with hints of musk developing in the glass. The palate is well balanced with a satisfying sense of volume and precision, touches of orange zest, dried apricot and ginger with an elegant and refined finish. There is a nascent sense of panache here that you might not expect for a mere Village Cru.
- Daniel-Etienne Defaix Chablis Vieilles Vignes 2014$27.98Availability:In Stock
- Moreau Naudet Chablis 1er Cru Montee de Tonnerre 2016WA92$49.98Availability:In Stock92+ Points! The 2016 Chablis 1er Cru Montée de Tonnerre is the most youthfully reticent of these premiers crus, unfurling slowly to reveal notes of green apples, beeswax, dried white flowers and pastry cream. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and textural, with lots of concentration and structure held in reserve, structured around tangy acids. It's an impressively serious Montée de Tonnerre in a vintage where this site was hit hard. - William Kelley, robertparker.comLearn More
- Moreau Naudet Chablis Grand Cru Valmur 2016WA93$69.98Availability:In Stock93 Points! The 2016 Chablis Grand Cru Valmur is superb, wafting from the glass with aromas of crisp peach, citrus zest, green apples and oystershell, framed by a subtle top note of petrol. On the palate, it's full-bodied, satiny and multidimensional, with lovely purity and stony depth, concluding with a beautifully delineated finish. While it doesn't want for concentration, it's an elegant rendition of Valmur. - William Kelley, robertparker.comLearn More